Wednesday, May 5, 2010

PPP Project

A few of you will already know about this but most of you don't. It's still relatively new news for us but I'm so excited to finally share it with you!! Last month, one of my resolutions was to start a PPP Project but I didn't elaborate about what it was. Well, now I'm gonna tell you. This is my Plan, Purge & Pack Project {anyone ever noticed that I'm a big fan of alliterations? Not that my blog title gives that away or anything . . .}. Clever, huh? The reason I need a project like this right about now is because we are soon going to be moving. Or perhaps the real news here is:
WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!
I wish I could show you a photo of the house, but I don't have any. The one photo I thought I had I can't seem to access. As soon as I can, I'll take pictures and show you.
We are currently under contract and scheduled to close the 4th of June. This will give us about a month to move, get settled and everything ready for the arrival of our baby girl!
We are really super excited! We've been looking around casually for a looooong time and we've finally found something and we are going for it. Big step for us! :D
So this means that I need to get my house ready for a move. I've decided to gradually pack as much as I can so that when we get closer to the actual move, it won't be super hectic with the entire house to pack up at once {plus, the longer I go the more difficult it is to move - I figure I better do what I can while I still can do it!}. I currently have about 14 fruit boxes packed up and I've not even begun! The biggest problem right now is just deciding what I can and can't pack. I'm getting so excited and antsy I just want to pack up everything! But I can't - at least not yet. So I'm planning what needs to be packed and done so this move can go as smoothly as possible; purging many things that we don't really need {what a lovely feeling! this is perhaps the best thing about moving - a good reason to go through everything and get rid of bunches of it}; and packing up as many boxes as I can get my hands on {which, unfortunately, hasn't been a ton [long story], but we're getting there}.
Anyway, in the ensuing weeks, you can look forward to updates on my progress with this project - and many of my resolutions this month will involve getting ready for this move. I'll also try to update you on how everything is going through the contract phase and the final move. You'll be sick of hearing me talk about it by the time I'm done! :D
I'm so excited!

10 comments:

Heidi and Nathan said...

That is so exciting! YAY a house! I am so jealous. Where is it? In Rexburg?

Unknown said...

congratulations! that's exciting. wish we could be there to help. but i got all my boxes from broulims. i would call them at about 9am and ask for the produce and then ask if they had any. they won't hold them, but then i knew if it was worth the trip or not. i normally got a car full. like 14+ boxes each time. good luck with getting them. i can't wait to hear the details of the house.

Jessica :) said...

Heidi: It's actually only two blocks from where we currently live. So it's really close by!
cole: The last time we moved we got boxes from Broulim's but every time we called this time around they said they didn't have any. They finally told us that the high school is getting ready to move to the new building and so they are getting all the boxes. So we're trying to get boxes elsewhere at this point.

Brian and Kayla said...

Cool Jessica! Now we have another place we can crash when we visit Rexburg! We miss you guys. We wish we were there to help you move since we were there for Cassa! And you don't even have a heavy piano to heft around either!

Eric Hellewell said...

Sweet! That's very exciting news! We're planning a trip to Idaho this summer (probably the last week of June) and we can come see you guys and your new house! Wahoo!

Nikki said...

Yippee!!! I love moving - maybe it is the "P"urging part that is my favorite?? That and the fresh feeling of a new place to call home! Two blocks from there huh? Is it in Henderson??

Lisa said...

we have some empty boxes you can have in our storage unit. We'll arrange to get them to you soon.

Ben and Kristen Call said...

How exciting!! I would be really excited to be moving into a house too. Good luck with the move and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Carrissa Hellewell said...

yay! Thats great! I can;t wait to see it! I agree with the wonderful feeling that comes with getting rid of things. Thats about the only thing that feels great about packing up and moving! :)

Jessica :) said...

Brian & Kayla: That piano makes me laugh! I still can't believe you guys got it down without breaking something - either something belonging to you or the piano! And yes, you'll always have somewhere to stay when you come visit {*hint, hint*} ;)
Eric: It would be so fun to be in our house so you can come see when you visit! Keep us updated as to when you're coming so we can plan to see you!
Nikki: I think "purging" is the best {and sometimes only good} part of moving! And yes, a new place is a lot of fun. No, it isn't in Henderson. It's exactly two blocks west from here - almost the exact same location on the block, just two blocks away.
Lisa: Thanks for offering the boxes. They will be so helpful!
Kristin: It is super exciting! I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I can.
Carrissa: Completely agree. It's so freeing to get rid of stuff! I'm currently loving that part of this project. I'm always looking for stuff I can get rid of!