Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sibling Spotlight - #3


Brother #2, aka: Heed {HH gave his brother this nickname - there is a story but I'm not telling}. This brother of mine, he’s a crack up. My gosh, I could just about always laugh about something he’s doing or saying. And if you get him with a friend, he’s even funnier.
He has one of the strongest testimonies I’ve ever seen in a teenage boy. He really believes in the gospel and tries as hard as he can to do what’s right. He just astounds me at the things he will say or just strongly he wants to do what’s right. I learn a lot from his example.
He wrestles and plays football and I think he’s also in Track and Field where he participates in the shot put and javelin and … whatever else he does. He’s always been a pretty good wrestler – and he can get me to cheer for him like no one else. I never yell at any other time like I do when I go to one of his wrestling tournaments. Actually, Heed wrestled in state this past year and got second place. I was so proud of him! Especially because the kid he was wrestling looked like he was twice the size of my brother and my bro made him work really hard. Next year his goal is to take first place.
He’s just about “all boy” – but he surprises us sometimes. Like the fact that he really loves the Twilight movies and he also likes to ballroom dance. Actually, not only does he like it but he’s apparently pretty darn good at it. And I guess he likes the school plays too. I never would have pegged him with that one but it really adds to his personality.
This kid is probably the biggest tease ever. He teases and gets to my mom like no one else can; he teases his sisters and little brother mercilessly. He teases his older sisters mercilessly. I guess I’ve never heard him tease his older brother … but there are reasons for that, I’m sure. : ) Even though he’ll tease just about everyone and push all their buttons, he’s fiercely loyal. I think if anyone was ever messing with any member of his family, he’d be the first one to their defense – or the first one to beat up the person bugging his family member. I actually picture him as the defensive big brother who would do anything to protect his little sisters. That’s just how he is.
Heed hates getting his picture taken. It's just about impossible for me to get a very good picture of him!
Apparently, he’s a little ladies man. From what I hear, he’s got a lot of girls who like him at school. In fact, his sister, Roo {you’ll see her spotlight later}, tells me that she will meet someone and they will say, “You’re so-and-so’s sister? Oh my gosh, he’s so hot!” And he dates. HH didn’t date – said it was a waste of money. But Heed dates. He had a date the very night he turned 16. I guess he really enjoys it.
Story: One time, he and his sister Roo were out in our field and she didn’t have shoes on. It was fall or late summer, as I recall, and the grass had turned brown and was really stubbly. He felt really bad for her because she started to cry because her feet hurt. She didn’t anticipate that the field would be worse than the lawn was. But Heed didn’t want her to cry so he carried her the entire way back to the house so she wouldn’t have to get her feet hurt anymore.

No comments: