Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sibling Spotlight - #2


Brother #1, aka: HardHead or HH {I guess this was his nickname in high school. Honest, I didn’t make this one up on my own!} This brother used to be the biggest pain. I tell ya. And whew! I could sure tell ya some stories about those “pain” years … but I won’t because I have better things to tell.
This kid has just about the best work ethic you’ll ever see. If he doesn’t want to do the job he won’t, but if it’s something he’s motivated about, he’ll do it, do it really well and probably even better than anyone else. He’s also really ambitious. I won’t tell you all his goals for his life, but he has a lot of super ambitious ideals and with his work ethic, a fair handful of them are about destined to come true.
He’s just about the best salesman you’ve ever met. It’s a special trait he has, to be able to convince you that you need that something special he’s selling. I could never do that. He’s really good at it though. In fact, this ability is helping to make him successful right now.
Disgustingly intelligent is certainly something you could say of him. You know, the kind of person who never has to study for a test, just always remembers everything he learns in class and catches on really quickly. He breezed through high school. Man, it always bugged me that he could do that but it’s a great talent he has.
He was a pretty good basketball and football player in high school. And he’d love to go to college and play basketball. It’s kind of his passion. Actually, one of his ambitions is to play for the NBA.
Some guys don’t cook. Some guys don’t ever even set foot in a kitchen. But this kid cooks – and he does good! {gosh, don’t ya love my English skills today? ;)} He always made the best caramel during the holidays {that was the only time he could convince mom to buy him everything he needed}. To this day I haven’t found a caramel as good as his. And I bet if you set him loose in the kitchen with some ingredients, he’d come up with something to make with them. He’s just good like that.
Funny story: he used to go plumbing with my dad when he was little. My dad jokes that even when his boy was six and seven he could work harder and better than most grown men. He could put my dad to shame when it came to eating too {as in, the kid would eat a foot-long sub and be begging my dad to get him another one because he was still hungry}. But the really funny story is that one day he was working with my dad and they stopped at some hardware store to buy some supplies. HH saw another gentleman walking to his car as they were going inside, and this gentleman was sporting a rather long haircut. HH saw that and couldn’t believe it. He immediately called to my dad, rather loudly as the story goes, “Dad! Why does that guy have girl hair?”

No comments: