
Sister #1, aka: Bert {please don’t ask about this nickname ... it’s one she’s had for ages and one that she really hates but since it’s about the only nickname she has it’s what I’m using}.
She and I are 17 months apart in age and get along like two peas in a pod. I will say that this wasn't always the truth - we used to fight like cats and dogs. Now we get along really well and we love talking to each other. Actually, Dan told me recently that if you get her and me in the same room together we can talk and talk for hours without letting anyone else get a word in edgewise! She and I, we are really different people though. Someone once described us as vanilla and chocolate and the description is pretty darn accurate!
She's a pretty good songwriter - and everything she writes really comes from the heart. This girl really feels things and she uses her emotions! She has frequently written songs for people for important occasions in their lives. She wrote a song for Dan and I when we got married.
She loves to sing - and though the types of music we both sing are quite different {I do better with a more classical style and she's more pop}, we love to sing together.

A lover of talk, this woman could go and go. But I’ll tell ya, she can also take the most normal of stories and turn them into the funniest thing you’ve ever heard. She’s got a sense of humor, that one, and usually makes me laugh when we’re together.
She loves animals - she's had more pets than I can count, but I betcha she remembers every one of 'em, something about them, their names, and quite possibly, how they died or at least why she doesn’t have that particular pet anymore. Since we grew up on a little “hobby farm” she's had a lot of pets over the years.
She very funny - this girl can make me laugh like just about no one else can. I love it when she's in a silly mood cuz my sides sure get a workout! Probably the best workout there is.
This girl can make friends with pretty much anyone. Sometimes I wonder how she makes friends with some certain people but she’s always their friend and will love them like they are the best people in the world.
She doesn't like to be teased - especially about her driving or if she’s just woken up. :)
She's just about the hardest worker I know - seriously, this girl could work circles around most of us and still be going when the rest of us are too tired to move on. Not that she doesn’t get tired, just that she puts her energy to really good use and doesn’t quit working until a job is done.
She loves the gospel and ponders like we all should about everything.
Here’s the story I’m gonna tell about her: When she and I were little {she was probably 4 or 5}, we went to a relative’s house to play. This relative was wearing a tube-top, which I guess was a really popular clothing item back then. Lil’ sis has never been shy about saying what she’s thinking or asking people questions and her curiosity finally got the best of her. She looked up at this relative and asked, “Where’s the rest of your shirt?” We never saw that relative in a tube top again!
I love you, girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment