Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sibling Spotlight - #6


Brother #3, aka: Buddy or Bud.
This brother is my little buddy. We’ve been buds ever since he was born and I sure miss him when I’m not around very often. When he was really little, he would sleep in my bed. In fact, for years he would climb into my bed and fall asleep next to me. For some reason, we just always got along and he’s always been my special buddy. I’m glad for that little connection I have to him. It’s really special to me.
He loves to learn. Just about every time I see him he’ll tell me something interesting he learned at school that day or week. He has a knack for remembering interesting things and I can tell he really loves it.
When we visited a little while ago he made cookies for the first time. I helped him with the measuring and basics and he did everything else. They turned out really good. Actually, he made cookies twice while we were there – I think he liked making them almost as much as he liked eating them!
He and his little sister get along marvelously. He’s always had the sweetest little relationship with his sister, which is probably good because he doesn’t have any boys in the family that are around his age. He is really good to her and is always around to help her out if she needs something.
He loves to throw the football with his older brothers and last year he participated in the little league basketball team. Basketball has long been a family favorite and he’s just following his brother along.
He’s very quiet but super friendly. He also makes friends with just about everyone {though that apparently got him into trouble at school a few times when he made friends with a trouble maker}. He loves loves loves people and being where the action is. He probably won’t say much but he likes to be there just the same.
This child can’t sit still. Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone move from one thing to the next so quickly! When he comes to visit us in the summer, I can almost never keep up with him and activities he needs to keep him busy! It’s a good thing they live on a lot of land at home and he’s got an imagination or he’d go crazy all the time!
Apparently he’s a hit with the girls at school. When he first started going to school, he would go home every day with a love note from a different girl – and he’s told me a few times that he’s had to run from the girls. And you know what he says about that? He says, “They just like me because I treat them good. Guys should treat girls good.” Gosh, I love that kid!
To this day, this is my favorite story involving Bud: It was the first time my family met Dan, when I took him home with me for a weekend. Little bud was only about 6 at the time and he was fascinated with Dan {in fact, I think he took an immediate liking to him, which I was grateful for!}. He kept staring at Dan and, since he’s a very inquisitive boy anyway, I’m sure he just had a million questions to ask. He’s also not shy about speaking his mind. At one point, he asked Dan how old he was. When Dan told him, he said, “Is that old enough to get married?”

No comments: