Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sibling Spotlight - #7


Sister #4, aka: Missy. {I have no idea where that nickname came from it’s just what I honestly call her.}
This girl has so much personality! You wouldn’t believe how much personality can be inside of one little girl until you meet her.
She has this amazing ability to entertain herself {which is good since her closest sister & girl cousin are both about 4 ½ years older than she is and her older brother isn’t really into dolls, though he has been known to play them with her on occasion since she loves it so much}. She can play for hours by herself and never get bored. She’ll always find something to do.
She loves dolls! I know this isn’t anything atypical for a young girl, but she loves them passionately! When she got a doll for Christmas, it was by far her favorite present and when she opened it, she exclaimed, “This is EXACTLY what I wanted!”
She’s super boy crazy. My family used to watch “Walker Texas Ranger” all the time and she was convinced that “Walker” was her boyfriend, that they were going to get married and that he was “hot”. What a compliment coming from a six year old!
She loves to help. Whenever she comes to visit me if I’m doing something she’ll be glad to help me out – as long as she’s not too busy with something already! ;)
A week or so after she was born, she ended up being life lighted to Primary Children’s Hospital in Utah and she stayed there for 14 days. We really thought we would lose her at first, but she’s a fighter. She pulled out of it and was always the happiest baby, even when she was in the hospital. However, for the longest time she refused to wear hats, and would even scream if you put a hat on her.
Being the youngest child and the youngest grandchild, she’s quite the spoiled one! All her aunts used to love buying her clothes and cutsie little things and she was everyone’s favorite. I think she still knows she is and she loves asking you if you are going to buy her something!
This girl loves to laugh! I’ve just about never heard a little girl who loves to laugh so much. If she can tease you and find a way to make herself giggle, she’ll do it!
She has her older brothers wrapped around her little finger. They always acted like they were so rough and tough but she can get them to do pretty much anything she wants. It’s so much fun watching her and her brothers together! She brings out this special softness in them that’s rarely seen by anyone else.
Story: Missy and HH have a special relationship. She loves it when he is home visiting and I think he’s her favorite sibling. He always teases her and she teases him right back. They have so much fun together. One day a couple years ago, when he was teasing her and she had finally decided she had had enough of it and couldn’t come up with anymore good comebacks, she put up both fists, gathered her face into the most serious expression a young girl can muster and said in a gruff voice, “Wanna piece of me, punk?” Thanks to that, HH calls her punk to this day.

2 comments:

roamingjones said...

I can't believe how big she is! I remember her as a baby when we lived in Clifton. She sure is a cutie!

Jessica :) said...

I can't believe how much she's grown, either! I still always think of her as being the same age she was when I moved from home six years ago! And I agree about the cutie thing! :)