Monday, May 17, 2010

Sibling Spotlight - #4


Sister #2, aka: Roo. There is a story about this nickname, but I’m not gonna tell it. Sorry, you’ll just have to suffer in hopeless curiosity about how that one came about.
This girlie is super artistic. She’s basically taught herself how to draw and she’s quite good at it too. In fact, her art teacher tells her that she’s never come across someone who has done so well in teaching herself. That’s quite the compliment. I love going home to visit and have her show me the newest thing she’s drawn.
She really loves to laugh. She’ll just about always find a reason to laugh or smile about something. Her personality is very fun loving and free spirited. I think she’s always been that way. She also likes to act silly, especially if she’s trying to lighten the mood after a fight or get someone out of a bad mood. She can also talk about a hundred miles a minute. I think she talks fast like that just because she wants to see the reactions she can get out of people.
She loves horses like she loves nothing else. I think I mentioned that at Christmas she got all “horse” things – calendar, figurines, a halter. All of us know that we can get her something “horse” themed and she’ll love it. She even has her own little filly that she absolutely adores. Actually, her favorite thing to draw is horses. Most of her drawings include at least one horse and she is very good at creating landscapes around a horse she’s drawn.
She doesn’t really like school – at least not the studying/homework part of it, anyway. She’d be a very happy girl if she could get good grades without having to study for her classes – but who of us isn’t like that? However, I think that secretly she really does love learning. It’s quite the interesting paradox. And, of course, the interaction she gets with her friends is something she treasures as well. She’ll talk at great lengths about something someone did at school and she likes to have those stories.
And, would you believe, this girl has already decided what she wants to be when she grows up? Crazy as it sounds, I don’t think she’s changed her mind about it in years, nor do I think she ever really will {that doesn’t happen for very many people}. She wants to be a veterinarian. I think she’s mentioned different fields of specialty but they always involve some kind of animal. Actually, I think this dream helps motivate her to do well in school – she loves animals that much.
Story: I wasn’t present when this happened, but Bert just recently told me about it. Bert and Roo were out riding one of the quarter horses my dad has. This particular quarter horse has a very rough gait, so having two ride him is just that much harder on the backside. Roo was behind Bert and complaining a little about how much her backside hurt. Bert turned to look at her and talk to her about something and rode the horse right under a low branch. Roo must’ve seen it coming because nothing happened to her, but Bert got knocked right off the horse. Roo was able to jump into the saddle and get the horse under control, and then, characteristically, turned to Bert on the ground, and said, “How ya doin’ down there?”

1 comment:

Brian and Kayla said...

Your sisters are as beautiful as you are! Wow!

Brian and I are going to try and go to Rexburg in a few weeks. We'll keep in touch about getting together.