Because I'm now an expert on this topic {HA!} and I think it it is my duty to share my vast amount of knowledge with all my friends who have never been pregnant, I'm going to tell you my list. As with all things, this is purely my opinion. But since I'm always right, you may as well enjoy reading and partake of all I have to offer! {;) - j/k!}
1 - Everyone has advice and ideas they want to share with you. Most of it is probably good and probably worked for them. And most of these people really just want to help because there is nothing more exciting than a new baby coming to earth. But you'll have your own ideas and you may as well test them out since you won't know if they work unless you try. If you have a problem with unsolicited advice, you might want to proclaim hermit-hood for a short period of nine months before announcing a pregnancy - or should I say, new arrival?
2 - People like to buy things for new babies. Especially when the new baby is the oldest in a family – or if you know people who make a lot of money. If you do not want a spoiled child or you are too picky to accept & enjoy the gifts people give you, see solution for item number 1.
3 - If you are not a “touchy-feely” kind of person, I suggest you do one of three things: this shirt . . . or this one if you prefer a less subtle approach, and wear it every single day; or 3) just get used to it and enjoy the fact that you can put on 20 pounds and people will tell you that you look the most beautiful you’ve ever been and will be so excited they just want to feel that baby {you could also move to a place where new babies are half the population, thus indicating that everyone is used to seeing pregnant women and have no desire to rub your belly}.
1) wear lots of bulky coats and clothes so no one can see you are sporting a nice bump that is begging to be rubbed – and when that ceases to work, again see solution for item number 1; 2) buy
4 - Pregnancy is a great time to prepare for a little one to arrive. I have a few examples: Sleepless nights: fabulous preparation for a baby waking you several times during the night - I’m sure it will be different when baby arrives, but I think I’ll be grateful that I am not suddenly going from my perfectly undisturbed 8 hours of sleep to waking 3 or 4 or 5 or more times each night. I may as well practice waking a few times during the night right now. Inability to move about like you used to: helpful for preparing to be constantly holding a baby, which will also inhibit movement. I may not have a baby right now, but trust me, I know this is true. Breathlessness: great for getting ready to chase running toddlers and for running from one room to another to give baby whatever she needs. People giving you countless advice: pretty sure this will not end once children come along; may as well get used to it now.
5 - You are likely to become scatterbrained, frazzled, clumsy or forgetful while you are pregnant {or you could be really lucky, like me, and get all of the above}. Playing the “blame game” {I'm pregnant!} makes these unfortunate symptoms more bearable. And it makes ya feel better knowing there is a reason . . . :D
Please check back next Monday for Part 2 of this series . . . there are so many things I came up with that I don't want to post them all at one time 'cuz that would make it a really long post. {I have waaaay too much fun with this stuff...}

3 comments:
Look at you, you are an expert! Thanks, that was fun :)
haha..Sorry, you are going to see 3 comments and think, yay, lots of people that commented..but its just me..I don't know why it sent it 2 times.
It's really weird that it did that! How funny. Thanks for enjoying! ;)
Post a Comment