Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sibling Spotlights

I've decided that in May I'm going to feature a spotlight about each one of my siblings. I actually began writing these spotlights back in March but I'm only just getting finished up with them. My original motivation for them was so that whenever I mention one of them on here you will have a better idea at who I am talking about. However, since I've gotten into the project some more and really done some thinking about each spotlight, I've decided that it's brought me closer to my siblings. I notice that I try harder to get to know them and to enjoy my time with them when they are around. It's been a really great thing for me to do.
Just a couple little things for you to know before we really get started:

We're all a pretty crazy bunch, when it comes right down to it. All of us are very stubborn and strong-willed.
There are eight children, 5 girls and 3 boys, so there will be seven of these posts periodically throughout the next couple of weeks.
I am going to use nicknames for each of them instead of their given names. Sorry for people who know their real names. I hope this isn't confusing. I'm also not very likely to share the story of how a nickname came to be. Part of it is laziness and sometimes it's just personal.

I hope you enjoy reading about some of my favorite people!

2 comments:

Carrissa Hellewell said...

oh my, the one standing to the left of you, with her head kind of over your shoulder looks identical to you! How fun :)

Jessica :) said...

Yeah, she and I look a lot alike! If you compare our baby photos, you can't tell which of us is which. It's pretty uncanny, actually. However, our personalities couldn't be more different!