Saturday, May 22, 2010

32 Weeks


Today I am 32 weeks along.
I feel enormous.
Though people tell me I don’t look enormous.
I just can’t fathom that this baby will still grow a whole lot more!
I don’t think my stomach can stretch any further.
Baby girl moves around a lot!
It’s super fun to feel the “hard spots” on my belly as she wiggles and stretches.
I can tell she’s running out of room in there – I can feel every movement, and I love it!
Dan can feel her moving around too. It’s fun that he can put his hand on my belly and feel baby girl rolling into a new position. He doesn’t have to wait anymore hoping she’ll kick. I love it!

---
Just a few things:

Question: Why do people feel the need to say “just wait until you are so far along!” in response to my symptoms? If someone asks me how I am doing and I give them an honest report of what’s going on, I don’t particularly want to hear “Oh, just wait a few more weeks. Everything will get worse.” First of all, I’m not complaining. I’m just stating what I’m experiencing. Secondly, I already know that the term “it gets worse before it gets better” definitely applies to pregnancy. You may as well try to help me make this a positive experience.

---

I recently had an incident where I put on a clean shirt and about two hours later I saw my reflection in the mirror and noticed a large black spot on my shirt through the reflection. I looked down . . . and realized that I couldn’t see it the spot because it was “under” my belly. I would never have known it was there if I hadn’t seen my reflection. I don’t even know what it is or where it came from! It makes me chuckle just a bit!

---

Question: Why is it that the fashion faux pas of wearing horizontal stripes is suddenly okay – and maybe even encouraged – for pregnant women? I feel large enough. Why add stripes to make me look even larger than I am?

---

The other day we went to the temple. I went to the bathroom before we started. As I was coming out of the stall, I smacked my stomach with the door. Don’t worry, it didn’t hurt, but it sure startled me. I just can’t get used to the fact that I can’t squeeze through small spaces anymore! The really sad thing is that after we were finished I went to the bathroom again – and did the same thing! I use the largest stalls I can find now.

---

Last night I had an overwhelming craving for soft serve ice cream. We went to Burger King to get some. And can you believe they don’t serve ice cream?!? I couldn’t believe it. When we asked if they had ice cream, they said, “No, we don’t. But we have pie and cookies.” What kind of substitute is pie and cookies for ice cream, I ask you? We didn’t get anything there. As we were pulling away from the window Dan said, “I should have told them that I have a pregnant wife and she needs ice cream! Hee hee. Then we went to Sonic. I ordered my ice cream and the worker said, “Our ice cream machine is down.” What??? Two different places in town I can’t get ice cream???? We finally went to Dairy Queen. By then I was hungry so I ordered fries too. It’s sure a good thing someone had ice cream. Blasted cravings. As Dan said, “If Dairy Queen doesn’t have ice cream, we are in trouble!”

---

I’m getting so excited! I find that I am getting more and more anxious to meet this baby girl! It’s a good thing we have this move coming up to help keep me preoccupied or I’d go crazy!

8 comments:

Brian and Kayla said...

You look so cute Jessica!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Jessica you REALLY DO look great...not fantastic! I wish I would have looked that good when I was pregnant.
I totally agree with the horizontal stripes things while pregnant...stay away from them!
You are getting so close to your due date and I am soooo excited for you. The whole process is really such a miracle! Hope everything keeps going well and good luck moving!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Jessica I didn't mean to say that you don't look fantastic...i'm not rude I promise...I meant to say you look FANTASTIC!!! Sorry! :o)

trash blog said...

You look just like the little "Baby Girl Harwood" sticker on your blog. How cute! Anyway, I totally agree that whenever you talk about your pregnancy symptoms people think that you're complaining, when most of the time you're just in awe that you're really pregnant! I love feeling my baby move to. I can't wait for when I don't have to tell Chris "I promise she was moving a second ago, she just has stage fright!"

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Cute! I love that you only look pregnant in your belly, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't know :) I can't wait to see pics of that sweet girl!! I hope I wasn't one of those people that said "wait a couple more weeks and it will only get worse.." :( Thats awful..I really like how you never ever ever complain. I am going to remember and read back on your posts next time I get pregnant and take some notes :)

Jessica :) said...

Kayla: Thank you! :)
Kristen: First of all, even if you hadn't commented again, I would have assumed you meant something else. I know you are not rude! :) Thank you for your compliments. I'm glad other people look at me and see something other than what I see. It's encouraging for me!
Tani: Thank you! When I posted that sticker I thought "who ever looks like that when they are pregnant?" ... so I appreciate that! You'll get to where Chris feels your baby moving all the time before you know it! I'm excited for you!
Carrissa: I can't wait to see this little girl either! I'm getting so excited, I can hardly wait! I don't think you've ever been one of those people who tell me to just wait for it to get worse. Don't worry!

Tari said...

So I realize I'm commenting way after you posted this, but... I agree with the whole "just wait.." thing. No two people are alike and there's no guarantee that what happened to them will happen to you. I even noticed that things were a lot different between having Caleb and Nathan. So lame. People should just be sympathetic and offer to help you satisfy whatever craving you have! Wouldn't that be nice? :)

Jessica :) said...

Tari: I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I understand people just want to help - all of us have the natural instinct of offering advise when someone we know {or don't know} is going through something we've done before. But I agree that every pregnancy is so different that there is no cure-all and getting those "cure-alls" from people can be annoying sometimes. I do love your idea of just having folks volunteer to get whatever we need to satisfy a craving. That's genius {and would be so much more helpful than all the advise they offer}!