Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 2011 Resolutions

 Ah, another month. I can't believe it's February already. Seriously?!? Wasn't I just saying how long January was starting to feel? I should never say things like that. Because then I blink and it's over. Maybe I should never blink.
Image found here.

I think I can term last month a success in the resolution department. Yippee! I'm feeling so proud of myself that I want to go out and celebrate! Anyone want cake? Okay, maybe not. I don't have time to make a cake. But it sure sounds good, doesn't it? 
So, I'll post February's resolutions and then I'll put January's accountability.

February Goals {in parentheses is the category that goal fits into} :
     * Write in my journal once each week {spiritual; myself}
     * Go to temple at least once this month {spiritual; myself}
     * Go visiting teaching {spiritual}
     * Have more meaningful scripture study {spiritual; myself}
     * Take pictures more frequently {myself; family} - some people may think this is crazy; I do take a lot of pictures each time I pull the camera out. The problem is that I don't pull it out often enough.
     * Finish at least one book I have already started {myself}
     * Plan and start Ethnic Night {family}
     * Work on my posture {myself} - I don't know about anyone else, but I've recently discovered that having a baby wrecked havoc on my posture! Seriously, it's bad. I discovered it from a photo. Sad sad. So I gotta work on it. No wonder my shoulders are always so sore!
     * Plan a couple of fun dates {family}
     * Mail out birthday cards {family}
     * Work on and Finish my Organization Binder {family, myself} - I got the idea for this here. Mine will probably be a little different but organization is still the key.



January's Goals Accountability {in parentheses is the category that goal fits into} :

    * Write in my journal & Livie's baby book once each week - probably on Sunday {spiritual, myself} - I actually did really well on this one. I wrote in my journal every Sunday except for last week because we had company. But I'm going to write today for last week so I think I'll be okay. I didn't write in Livie's baby book each week but I am staying caught up on it, and that's what matters.
    * Get my monthly to-do's organized & start using them {myself, family} - Yes! Another one accomplished. This one was actually a lot easier than I thought, even though I'm sure there are things I haven't thought of. I'll be posting February's monthly to-do list tomorrow and you can finally see what I've been doing.
    * Organize birthday cards {myself} - Woohoo! Not only are my cards organized, but I actually mailed January's cards out. Now that, my friends, is accomplishment.
    * Monthly menu {family} - Done and done! Fabulouso!
    * Write thank you cards for Christmas presents {family} - Okay, this was a great big huge fail. Dah.
    * Participate in book club {myself} - I did it! I went! I participated! I enjoyed myself! I can't even tell you how big a feat that was. Every time something comes up that I could go to and social with other human beings, I typically come up with some great reason not to go. But I have to get out. I need to socialize with other women. I gotta or I will become an old hermit with only my family around. Enticing, no? I not only participated in January but I read the book for February and I'm going to the group meeting tonight! Yahoo!
    * Go to Relief Society activity {myself, spiritual} - Done!
    * Be a better visiting teacher {spiritual} - Another major fail. Bleh.
    * Start a meaningful tradition with my family {family} - Hmmm.....perhaps I need to be more specific?
    * Read & study scriptures daily {spiritual} - Yes!
    * Start exercising & try for five days each week {myself} - Wahoo!! I did it! The first couple of weeks were rough, trying to get into a routine of some kind and convincing myself that I really did want to exercise, but I am finally up to five days {sometimes six} of 1/2 hour excercise each week. Gotta love Pilates!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job jessica! I know what you mean about getting up the motivation to do social things. Once I'm there I love it, but getting there is the problem. Luckily my husband helps me de-hermitize myself. Anyway, good job! I should probably look at my resolutions too and make sure I'm on track :).

Jessica :) said...

Thanks, Tani! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has an issue doing social things. You're lucky that Chris helps you get out. Dan is just as bad as I am so we both just stay home. All the time. Maybe someday we'll change but usually we're pretty happy that way!