1) It's been pretty cold here is good 'ole Rexburg the last week or so. For example, today the wind is so cold, I had to bundle up in my winter coat and wear my gloves just to go to work! It has also *flurried* here a couple days (that's lightly snow - nothing that sticks or really makes an impact, just is kinda there) so the weather's been cold.
2) We had an amazing Stake Conference this past weekend. At the adult session we had 6 speakers and for the general session we had 8! It was so full of wonderful insights and the spirit was strong. I plan to gradually post a few things from that on the Reaching for Eternity blog.
3) I won a giveaway on The Meanest Mom blog the other day - I did not expect that! I don't usually win things so I wasn't expecting much! But it was fun to enter and now I'll have something fun . . . for much, much later in my life! :)
4) Dan has been studying hard for his Java certification. He's been studying morning and night - what a guy! Everytime I get up in the morning, I come out and see him studying. He's so great! I hope all his studying pays off for him!
5) If you are interested in free kitchen ware, this EasyBakeWare site has new freebie offers every month! Last month I got a mini muffin pan (that I'm really excited to use!) and I just ordered an onion and vegetable chopper. The only down-side is that you do have to pay shipping, but the way I see it is if I can get a $20 product for less than half it's cost, I'll do it!
6) I've finally advertised my studio (it is only one spot, but hey, gotta start somewhere)! You can go here to see my ad! Now I need to make some fliers (anyone have any good ideas/programs for doing this?) and try to get advertised in a few more places.
7) This is the final thing (for now), I promise: I wanted to ask you all if you have any suggested reads. I'm compiling a "to-read" list of all the books I want to read (and you can see it on the right side bar). Heck, it may take me a while, but if I have the list then I won't wander aimlessly around the library trying to figure out what to read!
5 comments:
Hey, I've got a program on my Mac that I've used to make brochures and stuff for the apartments (it's basically the Mac equivalent of Word but so much cooler). I can help you make flyers if you want.
One must read is called Recovering Charlie. SUCH a good book. I think that you would really like it. It is by Jason Wright or something like that. I also like Freedom Writers. Also a good one.
Have you read the Ender's series? That one is fun on tape-- didn't read it, actually, but I got the idea through a tape.
I also heard that although Watchmen is a Captain Marvel thingy, it was really good. I hope to start that sometime. :)
Enough of that nonsense. I haven't been to your blog in AGES! It was fun to sort of catch up. Good luck with the studio!
Tammy ~ I would love to enlist your help in making fliers! You are a saint to even volunteer! Thank you so much!
Hannah ~ I'm super excited to look into those books you suggested! I love reading books that other people suggested because then I know someone who actually liked it and it's not just some random read. And thanks for stopping by (and for the good luck wishes)!
Hmmm - well I just watched a movie the other day: The Secret Life of Bees (thank you redbox) I loved the movie (I am a girl from the South and as such love movies about the South) and at the end I was super excited to find out that the movie was based on a novel with the same title. I haven't read the book yet, but if the movie is any indication the book should be an interesting read.
First off, I have tons of experience in making programs/ads...just let me know what look you want and I can go to town.
Books - where do I start? I have a list of my own, but here are some places to start:
C.S. Lewis - he has such good stuff- and I've realized I need to read most of his stuff.
Clive Cussler - he's kind of like a cleaner Tom Clancy - if you like that kind of stuff
David Eddings/Terry Brooks - if you like fantasy, they are fantastic and clean
Joanne Fluke - she started with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder- and has since written several marvelous books about a woman who opens a bakery in a small Minnesota town - they're hilarious.
Jane Eyre- one of my FAVORITE books -it's awesome. Also, anything by Charlotte Bronte.
Am I overwhelming you yet? :) I'll stop - but know I have many more suggestions if you want more...
Post a Comment