Sunday, March 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 16

Before I post the weekly menu, I want to remind all of you that you still have a chance to enter my
Pay it Forward Giveaway

(where you will receive something cute and handmade from me - I also promise it will be made just with you in mind - in other words, it won't be just some generic craft! Click on the link above and leave a comment to win!).




This week Menu Plan Monday (MPM) is being hosted over at $5 Dinners (which is a pretty cool blog guys!). So please check out this new bargain blog and you can also check out Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie.com to find other great menu ideas!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really have no idea what happened last week. We only used two of the recipes on our menu. I know that we did have leftovers several times, but still . . . . . . . . . Anyway, we have a lot of carry-over recipes from last week. I'm feeling a bit guilty about not making any authentic "Irish Food" to honor St. Patrick's Day . . . but I haven't found much that I'm anxious to try! I'm going to keep looking though, which could mean that our menu may change this week - I guess we'll see!

Monday: Beef Soup (crock pot)

Tuesday: Cranberry Chicken (thank you Fav. Family Recipes!)

Wednesday: Souper Hashbrowns (crock pot)

Thursday: Leftover Smorgasbord

Friday: Chicken Pot Pie

Saturday: Ward Potluck Dinner & Talent Show (providing Dortio Salad)

Sunday: Corn Chowder (crock pot)

Other goodies I plan to make this week:
Maple Oat Bread (stolenmomentscooking.blogspot.com) I just have to make this . . . I do! I really wanna try it . . . somehow I just never get around to it. Sad.
Cake Balls (found at Pioneer Woman Cooks) I think these just look so pretty and yummy! I hafta try them! (You can also find the original tutorial for the cake pops at Bakerella's site and here is recipe for homemade frosting to use in the cake balls.)

Check out my cooking blog - Cucina di Harwood where I will be sharing these and other great recipes soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm! chicken pot pie and corn chowder- i just decided to make those this weekend!! thanks for reminding me of them :)

Kelli said...

I have made the cake balls a few times and the kids love them. For St. Paddy's day we don't usually go with authentic but something that is common with it--like green shamrock pancakes. The kids also like potato soup (we don't color it green though) and shamrock shaped rolls.

Dawn said...

i actually started doing this... and it's working out pretty well.

Wendy and Spencer said...

I love that you have so much about cooking! I loooove to cook and try new recipes too!

Jessica :) said...

Tami - I'm happy to remind you of food anytime! :) Welcome!
Dawn - I'm glad this is working out for you. I love menu planning . . . and when I don't get to do my planning for one reason or another I feel so lost!
Kelli - I'm a slacker and didn't do a single thing. I really want to be like you though and actually DO things for the holidays. Especially when we have kids. That is so important I think.
Wendy - I love food and cooking too! I also have a cooking blog you can check out (link on the right side bar).