I'm working on a ten month post for Liv. She's ten months now. It kind of struck me all of a sudden the other day. Ten months! I am soon to be the mother of a one year old. Of a toddler. Before I know it, I'll be the mother of a beautiful young lady, of a woman. I'm not ready to face that reality yet. Let her stay ten months for a while longer, okay?
 |
| These photos have nothing to do with this post. Except that they're cute. |
I was going through my photos yesterday to make some
Hot Books for Liv
{though perhaps not the greatest quality, at $2.99 a book I won't complain too loudly} and I was hit by nostalgia. Memories. It all seems like ages ago and yet, seems like only yesterday she was so tiny and just born. *sigh* Bittersweet. Melancholy. Nostalgic. And look at me. I'm like a sappy old woman sobbing that my children are all grown when my only baby is still just a baby. I suppose the melancholy bit comes from realizing just how quickly these few months have gone by. The memories are bittersweet because I realize that those precious moments are gone and she and I can't relive them, but so wonderful because I do look forward to the rest of her life. What a sweet thing childhood is.
Ah, okay. Enough sap.
I can't take any more of myself.
On to something less . . . sappy.

It seems like I'm so far behind! I keep thinking of all these things I want to post about and then the day is over and I realize I haven't posted a thing. But I'm resolving to post more often. This will be a challenge because June is
craaaazzzyyy!! I'm just starting to realize how easy it is for a whole summer to be taken up with activities. So here's a bit of a low down: I have two brothers with birthdays this month, Father's day, my hubby's birthday, and our anniversary {woohoo!}. We also have a reunion one weekend, my sister and her hubby are coming to visit for a different weekend, and I'm singing in a Night of Duets with my old voice teacher and because it's at my old stomping grounds that will also take up one of our remaining weekends.
{Just a note about that night of duets: preparing for this makes me realize just how rusty my French pronunciation is. I felt it important that you know that.} We still have to prep, till and plant the garden, as well as get the back yard cleaned up, the flower beds in front caught up on weeding, and the long flower bed lining the driveway leveled and prepped for bark. Then the bark should be put in. Ha! We have borders to lay for the front bed with the bushes and the weeds to be cleaned out. I'm trying to plan something nice for Dan's birthday this month
{shh, don't tell!} because last year we were moving and I was eight and a half months pregnant and his birthday completely passed
without any notice. Add all of this to being a regular family with daily activities, cooking, cleaning, playing, raising baby, and going on dates, we have one full month! But for some crazy reason, I'm kind of excited. Maybe this is what I need after a long winter of not doing much of anything.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'm resolving to blog more often. We'll see how it goes. I can tell you one thing for sure, if I can keep this resolution and stay on top of everything going on this month, I am super woman! :D
Just one more thing. I've been spray painting today. In the wind. {As if there is any other kind of weather where I live.} I couldn't wait for a nice day any longer. It's taken me probably twice as long as I think it should just because of that blasted wind.
But now that I've started, I'm super, duper excited! I can't even tell you. So I won't. But wait til I show you {*later*} what I've been up to. You'll start calling me the
creative queen {haha! I crack myself up!}.
1 comment:
I sure do love your blogging. Steven was impressed with what you said about him. Love ya sis I'm glad I'm your mom and about sappy about your children, went through it eight times. You're right turn around they are two, turn around and they are children, turn around and they are teenagers, turn around and they are married with children of their own. I CAN RELATE TO THAT!!!!
Post a Comment