Friday, June 3, 2011

Decorating Series, pt. 3: Bathroom and Hall

I'm putting these two rooms together in this series because they are so small they barely count as rooms by themselves. And actually, if we want to be technical, the hall isn't really a "room". So there.
Anywho, I decided that for this, I would just create a video. It takes considerable less time for me to take a video than it does to type everything out. Besides that, Livie cooperates better for videos. She basically followed me around the entire time I was filming this, wondering what in the world I was doing. It was fun. :)
In addition to it being less time for me, I thought it might be less time for you. Or at least more fun to listen to my weirdo voice than read the blog. And this way, you'll have a better idea of how everything is laid out. Many birds with one stone. This is what I call efficiency.





Because this quote is awesome I thought I'd share it with you once more. You're welcome.

Just a couple clarifications on the video:
  • The canvas wasn't given to us for our wedding. It's just a canvas of a photo from our wedding day.
  • The frames I got from the DI {the local Goodwill}. I think I paid $2.50 for the lot. Then I spray painted them {remember how I mentioned painting in the wind? this is one of the things I was painting.} and hung them up so they would be all skeewompus. It's fun that way.
  • The quote is vinyl and I bought it from Vinylize It. I wanted something that would look like it belonged in a bathroom but not something like "rub a dub dub" or "splish splash". Not that those aren't great, too. It just didn't work with what I was going for.
  • The bathroom door is usually open because we have a gate on the hallway entrance from the living room to the hall that keeps Liv out. Our bedroom door is often closed because I close it when I teach a voice lesson.
  • That's all.

No comments: