So I've been working on this little series, I've realized something. I have bits and pieces but not very many finished rooms. Liv's is the only one. Bless my heart, I'm super slow at this decorating thing! Whew. So I've decided to just share the bits and pieces I've got and then I'll show all the finished products . . . when they're finished. Deal?
This is a little wall hanging I made for our bedroom. We have this really big wall that desperately needed something.
I followed the directions from Make it and Love It to make some wall hangings with canvases I bought for 50% off {boiled down to paying about $3 per canvas - I can handle that}. Then I positioned all the canvases exactly as I wanted {which included some painstaking measuring . . . I'm really bad at that kind of stuff - honest, I almost waited for Dan to come home and do it for me} and hot glued them together. If you go this route, I recommend making sure the fabric is glued tightly to the sides of each canvas. Just a suggestion.
Then I hung them on the wall next to a board that was given to us for our wedding. It works pretty well I think.
I just have to say, I am seriously in love with this paisley print. I don't usually love paisley but gosh. This print has found a nice cozy place in my heart.
And the big flower I made for the corner of the bottom canvas? Yeah, I love it, too. {I loosely - extremely loosely - followed the directions for making that here.}
| This is a favored vase on mine. And it resides quite nicely on my bedside table. Right next to the card hubby gave me. Oh, and that necklace? He gave that to me, too. He's awesome like that. |
Ah, one wall down . . . . . . . . waaaayyy too many to go. :)
2 comments:
Hahahaha, this sounds totally like me. I don't have a single room finished. The closest to "done" is Kaelyn's room but she isn't even sleeping in there right now. I do quite enjoy that green and gray bedspread.
Love your new bedspread! Where did you find that for $20? Sign me up :)
I have the same issue with huge bare walls- ahhh!
Post a Comment