Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dan's Birthday

Yesterday was Dan's birthday.


I was going to write about it yesterday.


Something charming and lovey-dovey and sappy and happy birthday-y. 


And then I got on the computer . . . and sat there for an hour trying to remember what I had gotten on the computer for. I never remembered. 


Until this morning, that is. 


*sigh* How sad. Moments like that make me feel a whole lot older than I am. 


Anyway, in light of the fact that it was my hubby's birthday yesterday, I thought I'd share a few things about him I love {even if I am a bit late about it}.

* * *

He's really good at making me laugh. I think everyday brings something new that makes me laugh. Sometimes it's something he does, sometimes it's something he says but I don't care - it makes me laugh.

He is such a wonderful example of service. If there is someone who needs help, he helps them. No matter what else he may have going on. For example, a couple weeks ago he received an e-mail from the elder's quorum president looking for people to help a family in our ward move that night. I got a text from him asking if it would be okay with me if he went to help. {Naturally I said yes. How do you tell someone it's not okay to serve a person in need? Not that it wasn't okay I'm just askin'.} The reason is because just that morning we talked about the plethora of things outside that needed to be finished and what we were going to specifically work on that night. I was working all day to get everything in the house tip-top so we could do all the outside work while we had some nice weather. But Dan was willing to forget all of that and help someone who needed it. And I'm proud of him for that.

He understands when he needs to say no.

He is a wonderful teacher. He's been a teacher at church almost for as long as we've been married, whether it was Sunday school or in the ward mission program. And as I've watched him over the years, he's become a wonderful teacher. He leads discussions so well and he studies like no one I've ever seen for every lesson he teaches. What an example that is for me!

He is thoughtful.

He is supportive. I have several activities I participate in each month that leave him home alone with Liv and he never complains and always encourages me go. I have had demanding callings at church that keep me very busy and he has always been very supportive. Whenever I want to try something new, he supports me completely.

He pushes me to be better. He encourages me to try. He shares things he's learned that could help me in my pursuits.

He has good relationships with all of his siblings and I love that.

He helps around the house. I have never been expected to do everything by myself and I am never left alone to do everything even now.

He enjoys playing games and will even play a game he doesn't particularly like just because I want to play it. {That's more than I do.}


He is a wonderful father. He plays with Livie, feeds her, bathes her, changes her and does anything he can for her. He's a 100% dad and I love him all the more for it.

Well, I could go on, but I am sure he's embarrassed that I've gone on this long about him. Which does bring up another good point he has - he's humble. Remarkably so.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! 
I love you!

1 comment:

Eric Hellewell said...

Daniel is such a great guy and I agree with everything you said Jessica. I've known Daniel since I was about 7 or maybe even younger, and he's been such an awesome friend and a great example to me. I am not surprised one bit to learn what an amazing husband and father he is. Happy Birthday Daniel!