At least, one of my brothers. I have three and they are all my favorites. They are all great. I love them like crazy. All of them.
But for this post, I'm just gonna talk about one of them.
This one:
Let me just tell ya a little about this kid for a minute.
He just graduated from high school.
He played on the football team. Don't ask me what position because I never remember. But he helped take his team to state this year and if I remember correctly, they placed first.
He was on the wrestling team. Last year he wrestled at state and placed second in his weight division; this year he placed first. He also coached our youngest brother in wrestling this year and last and was a great coach because of everything he's overcome and accomplished.
He has some great friends. Every year, he and a friend would wrestle at a near-by high school and they would always stay at my house. It made me honored that he would come here instead of hanging out with the rest of the team. And I loved when they came. Those boys would keep me up late, laughing my head off. It was always great!
This year he was on his track and field team, participating in the field events. When his team when to state, he placed second on the 13 foot pole vault and broke his school record from last year. He also took 5th in shot put. {If any of that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. I know basically zilch about track & field.} One of his goals {or desires, I guess} is to compete in all the field events in the Olympics one year. And you know what? I could see him doing it.
He is also a ballroom dancer. And a pretty darn good one, I might add. He almost didn't join the ballroom team this year because he was pretty busy but the dance coach personally asked him to come back. He did. And he did so great.
This fall he is going to join the Army and go to basic training. I have no idea what all of that entails, but he is excited and confident he will do well. I'm sure he will.
Next year, he is planning to leave to serve a mission for the church. He is an inspiration to me and all he wants to accomplish.
We went to visit my family a couple of weeks ago and watch my brother graduate. It was so great to see him finish this great accomplishment. High school has not been an easy thing for him but he did so good and I am so proud of him.
While we were visiting, we were also privileged to see his last ballroom dance concert. He was so great! I loved watching him dance more than I ever enjoyed watching him wrestle or play football {but, let's be real - dancing is just generally more fun for me anyway but I did enjoy watching him participate in sports, too}. This is a video of his performance doing a duet lift routine with a girl from the ballroom team. My mom told me that this girl was never afraid my brother would drop her. She was always that confident with him. All I can say is, seeing some of those lifts, I'll bet she was glad she felt safe!
I apologize that the video is so horrible. Apparently I can't hold still to save my life. Or to save the recording.
I love this brother of mine and he is definitely one of my favorites!

No comments:
Post a Comment