Yesterday I passed a mirror walking down the hallway in our apartment. As I caught a sideways glance of myself I suddenly realized, "I don't recognize my body!"
Unless I'm trying to squeeze into a skirt that doesn't fit anymore or am reminded of how hungry I am 30 minutes after I ate last, I don't really feel all that different at this point. I'm not poking out so much that walking is awkward, I only really feel baby moving when I'm sitting or laying down and I don't notice my stomach all the time or anything like that. So suddenly realizing that I don't recognize my torso when I walk past a mirror was a little weird!
Also, I had four or five different people comment on my "cute baby bump" at church yesterday. I like it. It is fun - especially knowing that I'm starting to look pregnant instead of looking like I just couldn't say no to a third helping at lunch . . . but it does still takes some getting used to!
Oh, and here's me at 19 weeks - so you all can see the "cute baby bump" too. This coming Saturday is the 20-week mark - almost half way there!
Unless I'm trying to squeeze into a skirt that doesn't fit anymore or am reminded of how hungry I am 30 minutes after I ate last, I don't really feel all that different at this point. I'm not poking out so much that walking is awkward, I only really feel baby moving when I'm sitting or laying down and I don't notice my stomach all the time or anything like that. So suddenly realizing that I don't recognize my torso when I walk past a mirror was a little weird!
Also, I had four or five different people comment on my "cute baby bump" at church yesterday. I like it. It is fun - especially knowing that I'm starting to look pregnant instead of looking like I just couldn't say no to a third helping at lunch . . . but it does still takes some getting used to!
Oh, and here's me at 19 weeks - so you all can see the "cute baby bump" too. This coming Saturday is the 20-week mark - almost half way there!
5 comments:
Oh, my goodness! It is FLYING by! Ahhhh! That is so exciting! Any names yet?
Just enjoy being able to see your toes and sleep anyway you want. You will get that big belly before you know it. And it is so much fun. Have you felt little butterflies yet???
Cute baby bump! I can't wait for you to feel your baby when you are just walking or doing your everyday stuff. I feel like mine is doing acrobatics sometimes. :)
Your ADORABLE!!! all the best!
Mal: I agree! Time is going so fast I can't seem to keep up! No names yet ...
Johnson Fam: I do enjoy being able to see my toes - at least that's one part of me I still recognize! ;) And yes, I've felt the butterflies - except to me it feels a little more like someone popping bubble wrap in my stomach!
Mindy: I can't wait either! I'm still so happy for you - what a fun time this is!
Rachel: Thanks! :D
Post a Comment