
The blog, An Island Life, which is set in Hawaii, celebrates a bloggy "Aloha Friday" every week. It's a fun way to look forward to the weekend and perhaps have something to think about that won't hurt your brain {it is the weekend, after all!}. This is what Kailani from An Island Life says about Aloha Fridays:
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."
To go with my question this week, I have this thought:
Exhaust the little moment.
Soon it dies.
And be it Gash or Gold
it will not come
Again in this identical
Disguise.
Gwendolyn Brooks
So my question for the week is:
How do you slow down and enjoy the little moments in your life?
How do you slow down and enjoy the little moments in your life?
I'm still learning the fine art of this, but one big thing for me is to just slow down my mind, leave the mess that I'm anxious to clean and just sit & think. Sometimes I also like to go outside or listen to some music & just focus on the moments.
Play along friends and please leave a comment! And check out this week's Aloha Friday on An Island Life to see Kailani's question.
Play along friends and please leave a comment! And check out this week's Aloha Friday on An Island Life to see Kailani's question.
2 comments:
Being that I own my own technology business..in order for me to relax and enjoy the smaller moments is basically to "unplug". I mean that literally. Sometimes we do a "Sunday Unplugged"...which means you can't use anything that uses electricity or a power source. No phones, computers, tvs, radios, cooking sources...it makes for a very fun filled, game playing, reading...cooking meals over the fire type of a day. Great way to relax and enjoy each other.
www.twin-spiration.com
It's so hard when life is just driving you crazy. But once in a while I have to force myself to have a quiet moment and take a look around me and see all the reasons I am blessed.
Kailani
An Island Life
Post a Comment