Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ants??

Last night, I counted a dozen ants on my bathroom floor. Yes, I counted. And I took a picture. It just baffles me – I don’t live on the ground floor and it’s February! Those two things considered, why do I have ants in my house? And for crying out loud: it’s not like I hang out in the bathroom and eat my snacks. Why are they all in the bathroom?
They are obnoxious little creatures too – they’re too small for me to squish and I can’t use ant repellent while I’m pregnant. Now, lest any of you think I’m some kind of harsh animal/insect killer {really??}, know that this is my philosophy: I won’t do anything to it while it is in its own habitat {unless it’s going to kill me or pounce on me … then I might}, but once it crosses the line into mine, there will be war. Insects belong outside. Not in my house.
Hmm, perhaps "my unwanted guests" should have an official meeting with my vacuum.
{evil laugh!}

5 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

ewwwwwww!!! I hate those little buggers!!! I say KILL them! :o)

'Hel said...

haha in southern California you just learn to live together (you and the ants) because they are EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME!! my mom always used to say that if they pulled down everyone's walls they would find only ants holding up all of the houses =) and p.s. I would LOVE to show you how to sew my baby stuff!

Unknown said...

That's so weird! I was in our bathroom the other day and I noticed some ants too! Not very many, just a few, but where did they come from!? What do they want?

Unknown said...

i read somewhere that cornmeal works. they can't digest it. of course this means you have to vacuum them up, but it's safe for you and children.

Jessica :) said...

Kristen: Thank you for making me feel validated in my desire to kill the buggers!

Rachel: That is just gross! I can't imagine having ants like that in your house! I guess my problem is nothing compared to that ...

Jo: I know! I can't figure out where these are coming from! And seriously ... in February?!

cole: I'll have to try your suggestion. Thanks!