Monday, February 1, 2010

February 2010 Resolutions

This is a combined post of resolutions for the new month and accountability for last month. I feel a little like I'm taking on a lot this month but I'm so ready to back to my old self. I think I'm starting to gradually get more energy {hallelujah!} and the bouts with nausea are now pretty much nil. I love it! So I want to get back into my cooking, cleaning, crafting - and add a little bit of laughing & more time with people I love. So, here's my resolutions for the month:

February Resolutions:
  • Read three new books
  • Learn to make wheat bread
  • Visit my friends on random occasions
  • Make “D’s” b-day gift {making a scripture bag ... wish me luck!}
  • De-clutter desks & spaces in computer room
  • Start exercising {I already have back pain - please tell me I'm not the only one who experienced it this early in pregnancy! - and the dr basically told me I need to exercise, particularly stretching & such, like Yoga or Pilates ... so I'm jumping back on the bandwagon in a hopeful effort to ease the back pain - and just feel better in general}
  • Surprise hubby with a date or some other such outing ... it worked last time {see below}! :D

January Resolution Accountability:
  • Surprise hubby w/date – accomplished! It even was a surprise – he completely forgot I had posted something about this! Haha! It made me happy :)
  • Learn to make wheat bread – failed. I was hoping that I would be back to my normal energy levels this month but that just didn’t happen … and I need a recipe. Please hubby! :D
  • Read three new books – accomplished! I read “The Nativity”, “The Miracle Within”, “Agent Bishop”, and “Heaven Bound.” I’ll probably be talking a lot about that last book … it was incredible for me: eye-opening, chastising and motivating. That book is making me want to change my life.
  • start a routine – partial ~ I have a basic idea of what I want to do … I’ve just had a little bit of a hard time getting going with it, mostly because I've still been so tired. One of my goals today is to write up a schedule and start using it tomorrow.
  • Clean & organize puter room – partial ~ I actually did better with organizing the spare room! Well, Dan helped a lot and we got it pretty well organized & cleaned up. I’m happy with it the way it is right now. However, there is still much to be done with the computer room – namely cleaning off the desk and eliminating the clutter. Someday I will win this clutter battle!
  • Write letter to sister – accomplished! I wrote her a letter, sent a b-day card & sent a copy of the ultrasound {she specifically asked for her very own copy!}. And I’m gonna write her another letter this week. I had a good time with it & I’m glad I did it.
  • Research organization ideas for spare room & get started – accomplished! As I said, this room looks much better. I went through things, threw stuff away, bought some organizers for my paper and enlisted Dan’s help. Between the two of us, it looks pretty darn good now.

February, here I come!

No comments: