I have decided to once again feature someone else's good idea. I just love this! I think it's a great way to help your child get to know his/her family and have some fun while at it. In fact, I've been wanting to make some of my own ever since I found it but, alas, I do not have blocks {and have a hard time paying $2 a piece for little blocks of wood}. Also, in order to incorporate our entire family, I'd have to have some 41 blocks {plus extra for the inevitable additions that will be made in the future} ... so I might have to think of a different idea.
But I still like it. Check out this link for a tutorial to make some Family Blocks:
http://chrisanderinkeith.blogspot.com/2010/01/family-blocks.html
But I still like it. Check out this link for a tutorial to make some Family Blocks:
http://chrisanderinkeith.blogspot.com/2010/01/family-blocks.html
Credit: Chris & Erin Keith Blog
3 comments:
I did something similar to this before. I took 6 2inch blocks and 6 4x6inch pictures. I cut a picture into 6 2inch squares and then glued each square onto a different block. When you put the blocks together it makes the picture, kind of a fun puzzle. Then I cut up the rest of the pictures and did the same.
You could use your friend's idea and just use one block for a whole family, like for us, Kevin could be on one side, then me on another and Thomas on another and maybe put our names on our picture. I guess that means we can only have 4 kids tops. :)
Thanks for the cool tip. I remember you wanted info. on organizing. I haven't sent anything to you yet via mail, but you may want to check out my sister's blog at yourlifeuncommon.blogspot.com because she has posted info. very similar to what I learned in my organization class.
Hope the pregnancy is going well!
Lisa: I like your idea of a family for a block. I also like the "puzzle" idea. Thanks!
Kayla: Thanks for sending the blog. I'll be checking it out {I'm a little behind in some things...} - I appreciate it!
Post a Comment