Dan and I got our flu shots yesterday.
This was the first time in my entire life {that I can remember at least} that I've had a flu shot. And I was so nervous! I really hate getting poked by needles {though you'd think that with as often as I am poked I'd be used to it by now!} and the feeling of being injected with something.
Bleh!
The little family that went right before us had a little girl, probably of about six or seven, that cried and cried when she got her shot. That only made me more nervous than I was before. I sat down in that chair and pinched my hand with my fingernail to distract me from the pain of that needle.
Almost as soon as I sat down the nurse said, "You're done." I couldn't believe it. No pain! I barely even noticed that she'd poked me and I didn't feel even a tiny bit of that fluid making it's way into my body!
And for being such a big girl and not crying, or even wincing, at all, the nurse gave me a Charlie Brown band aid!
This was the first time in my entire life {that I can remember at least} that I've had a flu shot. And I was so nervous! I really hate getting poked by needles {though you'd think that with as often as I am poked I'd be used to it by now!} and the feeling of being injected with something.
Bleh!
The little family that went right before us had a little girl, probably of about six or seven, that cried and cried when she got her shot. That only made me more nervous than I was before. I sat down in that chair and pinched my hand with my fingernail to distract me from the pain of that needle.
Almost as soon as I sat down the nurse said, "You're done." I couldn't believe it. No pain! I barely even noticed that she'd poked me and I didn't feel even a tiny bit of that fluid making it's way into my body!
And for being such a big girl and not crying, or even wincing, at all, the nurse gave me a Charlie Brown band aid!

{Have you ever tried to take a picture of a band aid on your upper left arm by your self? Sheesh!}
_____________________________________________________
I'll tell ya what - it may not have hurt at all yesterday but it really hurts today! I woke up every time I would roll over to my left side last night because of the pain and today I can't lift my arm above my head.
*sigh*
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment