Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Senior Photo Shoot: A & J

About a month ago I received a phone call from A {names remaining unknown for privacy purposes}. I didn’t really know who it was—or at least, I had never met her. She is a friend of my little brother, Heed. {Just a little side note: Heed is currently at Basic Combat Training for the National Guard . He graduates from basic in 2 days and yes, we are extremely proud of him. The main reason I tell you that is so you understand the reason why he couldn't introduce me to his friend}. The only reason I wasn’t completely lost on the phone is because I had heard her name a couple times from members of my family. But that was all I knew of her. Anyway, she called me. She told me that she would like for me to take her senior pictures. I was flabbergasted. She said she had seen Heed’s senior photos and really liked them {you can see one of those photos here}. She asked if I would be willing to take her photos for her. I stumbled over my words like they were giant rocks and I was wearing heels {good analogy, no?}. I did eventually get a yes out. We worked out the details—when to do the shoot, what location to use, what time to meet, etc—and got it all planned.

I tell ya what, I was really nervous. I am not a professional photographer, by any stretch of the imagination. I love photography. I love learning about it. I have a fancy camera. I read books. I follow blogs. I seek out tips almost every day. I practice all the time. But I am not professional—heck, I’m not even that good. But I was honored to take her senior photos. I was a little blown away by her confidence in me, but I am so so glad she asked. I had a blast taking her photos.

I also took photos of her friend, J. Both of these girls have such energy and love of life. You can tell they are best of friends and it was so much fun. I told Dan when the day was over that I enjoyed myself so much I could see me doing it again. {anyone want to be a guinea pig for me to practice on? :D}

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day.


This is J.

I really loved the shots with the two of them together. So much fun!


This is A.








Aren't they just gorgeous girls? Thanks, A, for asking me to take your photos! I had such a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Familia Cedeño said...

These look great Jessica! Go you!

Unknown said...

You did a great job Jessica!! These look awesome. Of course having lovely models help too!