Friday, May 13, 2011

My Favorite Things: Cards & Sweet Sentiment

Because of my insatiable need to talk about myself look for and express my appreciation for all the beauty around me in this world, I've decided to start another kind of "series". This one is My Favorite Things. Anyone who has seen Sound Of Music will rightly be reminded of the song by the same title in that movie. Maybe that was my motivation. It is a wonderful song, after all.

I've decided that remembering my favorite things makes me see and appreciate what is wonderful about life. It makes me more grateful, more thoughtful of other people and a happier person. So here goes my first installment of My Favorite Things.
* * *
My Favorite Things: Cards & Other Sweet Sentiments from my Hubsand {yes, I'm aware this is spelled incorrectly - I have my reasons but don't feel much like explaining today}




This was the card Dan gave me for Valentine's day this year. I still keep it on my night table because I love it so much. It is a sweet reminder every day of the wonderful man my husband is and that he sees me differently than I see myself. That's important for me to remember on the days when I'm hardest on myself. The beautiful sentiment on the card is exactly what I need every time I read it. Of course Dan's heartfelt handwritten echo of the sentiment inside the card makes it much more special to me. I love everything about this card. I also love everything about the man who gave it to me.

No comments: