Here is the most recent update of our little sweet heart! We sure do love her!
Yes, this post is impossibly long. But I can't help it. :)
19 lbs 12.5 ounces {she went from the 75 percentile to the 50th percentile - this girl sure does get her exercise in!}
29 inches long {she jumped from the 50th percentile to the 90th percentile for height!}
| Taking shots of ourselves doesn't work out so good. This is the best face I got out of all my efforts. |
She has recently decided that she's hilarious. Every now and then I'll hear her little laughing noise come from the room she's in and when I peek in on her, she's usually just sitting there laughing at herself. Or she'll laugh about some new toy or something we said. She's also started laughing when we laugh about something. Now, her laugh isn't a typical laugh - in fact, it sounds a bit like a fake cry, but it isn't. She's laughing.
At her nine month appointment, the doctor said, "By this point we expect babies to be crawling and sitting up. Which she is obviously doing just fine. {perhaps zipping around the exam room as quickly as her little arms and legs will move was a dead give away.} If she isn't walking by twelve months, don't worry. It isn't a problem. However, at the rate she's going, I would guess that she'll be walking by twelve months!"
Well, mister doctor, sir, so do I.
| This face cracks me up! I love it! |
She loves to move - what's new? Actually, she loves moving so much that she's decided that simply crawling isn't good enough any more. She now pulls herself up onto furniture, pant legs, shelves, drawers or anything else that looks high enough to stabilize her so she can stand and walk alongside it. And this new adventure doesn't stop there. No sir. As you can see from the picture below, she has also started experimenting with climbing onto things. She will try to climb onto anything low enough her leg will reach the top if she lifts it up. One time I was doing the dishes and she was "helping" me by playing with the dishwasher door and the dishes she could reach. I reached down and put a dish in the washer and she was standing next to the washer {using the door to stabilize herself}. In the time it took me to turn back to the sink, rinse another dish and turn back around to put it in the dishwasher, she had climbed up onto the door and was sitting quite proudly on it. I then watched her climb back off. Yep. She's too smart for her own britches. And yes, her pants were wet for a while after that.
She is curious. She always wants to know the whys and hows of everything she sees. This sometimes results in her getting frustrated or down right angry because we don't always let her do all the exploring she thinks she has the right to do. But thanks to her ability to be easily distracted, this doesn't usually prove to be a problem for long. :)
She doesn't like the grass. This is a new discovery. But no amount of coaxing will convince her the grass is a safe place to play. So she plays on blankets instead. She loves to be outside unless the wind blows in her face - which is almost all the time so we don't often go outside. But when we do, she really gets excited about it.
She will occasionally sing with me. I think this is a lot of fun. She thinks my whistling is pretty funny. I haven't figured out why. She loves to watch YouTube videos and to play with/talk on our phones. Her fascination with electronics is just another example to me of how much she is her father's daughter.
She loves to look at books though she doesn't often have the patience to actually read them with me. She just wants to sit on my lap and look through them by herself.
She has decided that she loves baths. Her favorite thing to do? Splash, splash, splash!
She has been sleeping better and eating better than she ever has and I am so glad! My life has just gotten so much easier!
We love you baby! Happy nine months, sweetie!

4 comments:
I think our babes would be two peas in a pod! She is a cutie! Can't believe how much she has grown but then again I do know...they grow too fast!
Wind. That is exactly the reason I HATED living in Idaho. If it wasn't windy all the time, it wouldn't be that bad a place. Love those expressions! Hahaha! She's a crack-up!
9 months already!?!? What!??! SHe is cute. I think all babies are obsessed with electronics because Reese is the same way. She will be your best friend if you pull out your phone.
I can't believe how BIG she is getting and how PRETTY she is!!! I miss you guys.
Post a Comment