Easter is such a wonderful season. What a marvelous reason for us to celebrate! The resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is such a powerful thing. The fact that He overcame death makes Easter, perhaps, the greatest of events in history.
I love this testimony from Elder Jeffery R. Holland about Christ, and the road He walked to offer the Atonement.
I love this testimony from Elder Jeffery R. Holland about Christ, and the road He walked to offer the Atonement.
President Gordon B. Hinckley, in his 2000 Christmas message, said "“There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The baby Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection.”
I fear I don't give Easter the focus it deserves in my life. I am resolving to forever be better about that. If Easter parallels or exceeds Christmas in importance, I think I need to give it the same - if not better - attention than I do for it's winter cousin holiday.
I know Christ was resurrected on the third day and that He lives today. He is our Lord and Savior. He overcame all and is the means through which we, too, can overcome all. He suffered in the Garden. He died on Golgotha's hill. He was came forth from the grave. He did all these things because He loves us and He knew we needed Him. And we do need Him.
I'd like to share a video from Truman G. Madsen about that first Easter, the day Christ was resurrected. He teaches me things I had never before thought of or known. I hope it touches your heart as it did mine.
I hope everyone has a beautiful, wonderful Easter Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment