Christmas with Dan's family was so much fun and we really enjoyed seeing everyone.
Christmas Eve we went to Dan's sister's and played fun games, ate tons and tons of yummy food and really enjoyed visiting with everyone. I had fun watching the kids go over to the computer every now and then and yell out where Santa Claus was at the time. It's fun to watch them get excited as he gets closer and closer to us.
We played a couple of fun "minute to win it"type games. In the first one, everyone was given two Oreo cookies, and one at a time, you had to place the Oreo cookie on your forehead and move it down to your mouth and eat it, using only your face. I opted not to play this game because I didn't want to eat Oreo cookies since I don't like chocolate, but everyone sure had a lot of fun with it {and I enjoyed watching everyone distort their faces to get their cookies into their mouths}!
The other games we played were a lot of fun. One was a relay where two teams raced to blow down a stack of large plastic cups with balloons that we would blow up right as it was our turn. My team lost and it probably has to do with the fact that I stink at blowing up balloons . . . but hey, I had fun anyway! The other game was with a partner where one person would stand on a chair holding two long pieces of yarn that had the other ends tied to two pencils. The other person would put three M&M's on the pencils while they were touching the ground and then the one on the chair had to pull the pencils up to their mouth, pulling the strings over their ears, and eat the M&M's. I decided three M&M's weren't a big deal so I played this game. It was fun!
On Christmas, after we had our own little family Christmas at home, we went to see all the fun stuff everyone else got. Since most of Dan's family is close, we are able to go see everyone. Santa sure thought everyone was super good this year!
The week after Christmas was spent cleaning, getting over colds, going snow shoeing {for Dan} and playing lots of games. We had a lot of fun!
New Year's Eve we went bowling. I bowled really well the first game and not so well the second game. It seems like that always happens to me! After bowling, we went to another of Dan's sisters' for our Christmas gift exchange party. We {again} ate lots of yummy food and had our gift exchange. Then we played a game and welcomed in the New Year while driving back home.
New Year's day we went to a baptism and had a birthday gift exchange for the kids who have birthdays in December and January. It was a fun week and we were really glad to see everyone!
We played a couple of fun "minute to win it"type games. In the first one, everyone was given two Oreo cookies, and one at a time, you had to place the Oreo cookie on your forehead and move it down to your mouth and eat it, using only your face. I opted not to play this game because I didn't want to eat Oreo cookies since I don't like chocolate, but everyone sure had a lot of fun with it {and I enjoyed watching everyone distort their faces to get their cookies into their mouths}!
The other games we played were a lot of fun. One was a relay where two teams raced to blow down a stack of large plastic cups with balloons that we would blow up right as it was our turn. My team lost and it probably has to do with the fact that I stink at blowing up balloons . . . but hey, I had fun anyway! The other game was with a partner where one person would stand on a chair holding two long pieces of yarn that had the other ends tied to two pencils. The other person would put three M&M's on the pencils while they were touching the ground and then the one on the chair had to pull the pencils up to their mouth, pulling the strings over their ears, and eat the M&M's. I decided three M&M's weren't a big deal so I played this game. It was fun!
On Christmas, after we had our own little family Christmas at home, we went to see all the fun stuff everyone else got. Since most of Dan's family is close, we are able to go see everyone. Santa sure thought everyone was super good this year!
The week after Christmas was spent cleaning, getting over colds, going snow shoeing {for Dan} and playing lots of games. We had a lot of fun!
New Year's Eve we went bowling. I bowled really well the first game and not so well the second game. It seems like that always happens to me! After bowling, we went to another of Dan's sisters' for our Christmas gift exchange party. We {again} ate lots of yummy food and had our gift exchange. Then we played a game and welcomed in the New Year while driving back home.
New Year's day we went to a baptism and had a birthday gift exchange for the kids who have birthdays in December and January. It was a fun week and we were really glad to see everyone!



1 comment:
I love the pictures with all the babies! It will be fun when they are all older and can play together since they are all pretty close to the same age! :)
Post a Comment