I know, I know. I'm a little slow. Christmas was over a month ago. But I don't care. I'm documenting anyway! ;)
This was Livie's first Christmas!! Of course, I think Dan and I had more fun than she did. And, as would be expected, she enjoyed the wrapping paper more than she even cared about any of her actual gifts. This is why we didn't get her much. But it was still a super fun time.
We decided to enjoy our Christmas sleeping in. We figured this would probably be the last Christmas we would be able to sleep in since our baby will be a toddler by next year and not likely to sleep as long as she does now in the mornings {which still isn't very long, just in case any of you should think to feel jealous of our much sleeping baby . . .}. This plan, however, proved futile when family and friends began texting me at 7:17am to wish me and mine a Merry Christmas. 7:17AM!!! Who does that? Maybe everyone figured we would be up anyway? Maybe everyone thought I would be expecting it? No matter. Ironically, the first text I received was from my brother {love ya, bro!} who had no fathomable reason to be up that early. And yet he was. Sharing the Christmas love in all-caps with smiley faces. We don't pay for very many text messages, so I didn't respond to any of the ones I received. Rude, I know. But I must conserve the dimes! Of course, the very best Christmas text messages were the ones I got twice. Because I didn't respond. I guess everyone really wanted to make sure I got the message. Merry Christmas {again}! So not responding actually proved a poor choice since I got double the messages anyway. But, I never felt so loved on a Christmas! :D| She was starting to feel a little left out of the present unwrapping! ;) |
Dan got all kinds of goodies to go with his new iPhone, plus games and movies and a thermal cover for the hose on his CamelBak.
It was such a fun Christmas being together as a family. We loved every bit of it!
1 comment:
Livie is darling in her little Christmas outfit! Yeah- I feel for you with the skirt situation :) Maybe it will get better when we stop bringing snacks to church.
Post a Comment