Monday, January 31, 2011

6 months

I can't believe it. My baby is six months old already! They grow up so fast. Or maybe it just seems like it because kids change so much in even a short amount of time. I'm trying to keep up with it all, trying to record and remember everything. Of course, I can't remember everything, so I hope I'm keeping a good enough record. 
She weighs 17 lbs 15 oz. {90%}
When the nurse left after weighing and measuring her, we put her back on the scale with her diaper on. The diaper adds the final ounce she needs to be a full 18 pounds! :)
She is 26 inches long {75%}
Six Month Photo

She is super close to crawling. She scoots around by dropping to her chest, and while kicking her legs like mad, she pulls using one elbow while the other arm flails about until she reaches her desired destination. It's really quite humorous to watch!
That little giraffe that I'm holding is her favorite toy
She gets to eat rice cereal on occasion and has tried carrots. She likes the rice. The carrots, not so much. We got two bites of the carrots in her. After that, she clamped her lips tightly closed and wouldn't even let us get close to her mouth with the spoon. It made me laugh. 
Eating rice! She gets her own spoon while I feed her with another one. It certainly makes things easier!
She is trying to figure out how to buzz her lips. She usually just does a really good job of spitting or sighing while she makes a "bvvvvfff" noise. Her favorite time to do this is right after a spoonful of rice has been put in her mouth. She's getting good at spewing that rice everywhere, too! She has successfully gotten it all over my shirt and my arms, as well as on her forehead, in her eye and in her hair, just from spitting when the rice is in her mouth! It always makes me laugh. I know I probably shouldn't but it is just so darn funny! I'm going to try to keep that good humor up while she figures out how to do that on purpose! 
Wrapping herself in the blanket
She has gotten very particular about how she likes things and when. She knows when she wants to move, where she wants to go, and when she wants what. She is also super duper stubborn. Her parents' child, she is. 
She likes hanging out in the bean-bag chair.
She has gotten super clingy and also seems to have some stranger anxiety. I've had to leave her a few times with a babysitter and she tells me after I pick her up that she cried for an hour when I left. It makes me sad and I don't know what to do about it. Anyone have any suggestions? We also just found that she doesn't seem to like crowds or at least lots of noise. She wants us to hold and play with her - of course - but she seems to quickly lose interest in other people. She likes attention but she seems to tire of it after a while.

This is proof that even babies who can't crawl can get into everything. She managed to slide open that door all by herself.

And proceeded to play with the DVD's.

She sure thought that was fun!
 One of her recently discovered joys is "peek-a-boo". She will smile and laugh and just adores the game! It's a lot of fun for me to play with her. She has also just discovered her tongue and she goes around with it poking out all the time now. While she's playing, while she's "talking", while she's smiling. She sure thinks that's fun.

One of her goofy faces. This is the face she makes she makes when she's sucking her upper lip.


 She's a sweet baby with a wonderful disposition. We love her so much!
Happy six months, my sweet baby!

2 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

6 months, that's crazy!?!? She sure is cute and growing so fast! I cannot believe she is almost 18 pounds! She must really like food! :o)

Jessica :) said...

You know, I can't believe she's about 18 pounds, either! It's about as hard to believe as her being six months old. Or of yours being about a year!! Time never goes by faster than when you're a parent.