Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Evidence . . .

. . . buried!

Remember when I shared some pics of some lovely tulips braving their way out of the ground? I called it "Spring Evidence" because, well, that's what it was.

Well, on Sunday it snowed. Maybe a more accurate description would be something along the lines of "we had a crazy blizzard that changed the entire landscape of Rexburg in only a few hours." It was so crazy! I just laughed!
It also snowed today. Not really blizzard conditions like Sunday, but it still snowed all morning.

And so those brave little tulip sprouts have been buried. Or semi-buried. These sprouts were actually the only ones not completely covered in snow . . . the ones I actually took pics of before were completely buried in the snow . . . so you wouldn't have even noticed that there used to be tulip sprouts there.





Oh, and this is blew through our door Sunday after that crazy storm:



Perhaps a new door (or at least some weather stripping {or whatever you call it} stuff) would be in order! :p

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yea - we had a towel by the door to block the melting snow that blew threw. the weather stripping door stopper thingy at WalMart worked okay this past winter....but it made the door hard to close.

I would really like a new fridge.

Jessica :) said...

The towel is usually just to keep the cold out. But it helped keep the snow out too! We thought about getting some sealant stuff for this past winter to put in the windows and around the door, but we didn't. I'm thinking that it would save on electricity costs. I guess if we're here for another winter we probably will.

Good luck on getting a new fridge. :p