Thursday, April 2, 2009

March Resolutions Accountability

I must tell you all that this method of "monthly resolutions" with accountability at the end of the month is very helpful to me! Even if I don't get to everything on my list of goals, I feel more motivated to do the things I've said I would because {and this is seriously what I think when I'm contemplating skipping something} "I have to blog about it later . . . " I would much rather tell you all that I did do something than that I didn't. So the motivation helps me. Even if all of you just skip over the posts that have anything to do with these resolutions, just putting it all up here helps.

March was a productive month {in terms of how well I did on these resolutions}! So I'm going to post March's accountability and April's resolutions separately because this one alone will be a fairly long post {in case you haven't discovered yet, I'm kinda long-winded!}.

March Resolution Accountability

*Look into Temple volunteering – I’ve filled out the form and given it to my bishop. Now we just wait to see what happens . . . :)
*Find a website for my studio – Okay, I believe Dan has found one and he will be helping me to get it up and running this month - that's his "April resolution"!
*Read all the Oct. 2008 conference talks before the April ’09 conference – Accomplished! I can’t even begin to tell you what an amazing difference it made in my life to read those talks again and feel their spirit. It was incredible! I encourage you all - no, I challenge you all - to read at least one talk a week. Seriously.
*Advertise my studio – Okay, I’ve advertised on Craigslist.com and only received one honest inquiry. And I’m in the process of getting fliers made to hang up around town.
*Read at least 5 new books – Wahoo! I’ve accomplished it and I feel good! Here are the books I read:
  1. The Eyes of a Stranger (Rachel Ann Nunes) - great "mystery" type story!
  2. Beloved Emma: The Illustrated Life Story of Emma Smith (Lori E. Woodland – 3/14) - if you want to know facts about Emma Smith, this is the book to read!
  3. The Sound of Rain (Anita Stansfield – 3/18) - I loved this novel . . . but then again, I love just about any "music" novel . . . it's a tear-jerker!
  4. A Distant Thunder (Anita Stansfield – 3/19) - sequel to the one above
  5. A Star in Winter (Anita Stansfield – 3/23) - A cute, short story. Really easy read about a teacher
  6. Where the Heart Leads (Anita Stansfield – 3/25) - I loved this story, based in late 1800's in Utah. Thought provoking, inspirational, and spiritual. Loved it!
  7. The Temple: Our Home Away from Home (Ardeth G. Kapp – 3/26) - This is a great book about the temple and the blessings we can have in this life because of temples.
  8. The King’s Highway (Howard Fullmer – 3/26 – okay, okay, this is a children’s book. But I just had to include it in the list!) - A cute "fable" type story with a big message
  9. I am currently reading “Lincoln: A Photobiography” by Russell Freedman. I’m about half way through. Didn’t have enough time to finish it since two of my little sisters came to visit this past week {more on that to come}.
*Bake more – I love to bake. And I did lots of it this month! I’ve made muffins, and bread, and more muffins, and banana muffins, and more bread, and more muffins, and lots and lots of cookies and cake balls . . . good times!
*Get up each weekday at 7am – Okay, I didn’t too bad. The latest I got up on a weekday was about 7:30am, which is good for me considering that I could sleep until 9 everyday and feel happy about it {excpet for the knawing guilty feeling I would have for sleeping in when Dan has to get up early and work}. So I’m proud! :D

No comments: