Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Cousin Gets Married

In August {yes, I'm behind} Dan and I went to a cousin's wedding. I know I've mentioned cousins getting married before. I have a lot of cousins and we're all close. So far, we've attended every wedding for every one of my cousins that has gotten married. It's fun to see how different weddings really tell ya about personality. It's fun to see family. It's so wonderful to see two people who are madly in love make vows to belong to each other.

For this cousin's wedding, his mom {my aunt} asked if I would help take photos. They had a professional photographer come in and take all the official portraits and traditional list of things they wanted {and man did she do a great job}, but they asked me to help take some photos of the little interactions between all the guests. Basically, they wanted me to take photos of little things happening during the night. I stayed quite vigilant for about four hours {from when we got there until we left}, taking photos of anything I thought might be worthwhile to the family. Some of my favorite photos from my own wedding were the ones that weren't staged, that were captured in the in-between moments. They have precious memories attached to them and I love them. So I decided to take as many photos as I could trying to catch those in-between moments. I certainly hope I captured some of those priceless memories that can be so easily forgotten.

I also enjoyed shooting the traditional wedding scenes, like the first dance and cutting the cake. Their photographer got the primary shots, but I would shoot from different angles and try to watch for different things.





The details in this wedding were incredible. There was something on every table that had obviously taken a lot of time and effort to make perfect. I just had to capture some of those perfect details. There were also dozens of photographs scattered around which really added a special touch to the wedding.



 

Isn't this so cute? I just loved this photo displayed at the wedding!



Adorable alert. :)

 


 
Some things I learned from shooting at this wedding:
* I need more practice shooting in low light situations
* I also need more equipment. My kit lens and on-camera flash just didn't cut it
* You have be to be ready all the time. If your settings aren't set and the camera on, you'll probably miss some great potential shots

It was a lot of fun to help take photos at this wedding. Thanks for asking me, guys! It was a blast for me and the wedding was perfect and beautiful.

1 comment:

Suki Lotti said...

I agree with that one picture that you have captioned "adorable alert". Some serious love went into all of those special touches.