This is just a quick little multiple happenings post since I don't have enough to say about each one individually for its own little post:
Dan's Birthday:
My wonderful hubby had a birthday last month!! The week before his birthday was so incredibly busy with all the different house projects we had and packing and cleaning, that I didn't even get him a birthday present. Lame, I know. His birthday was on a Sunday, and we happened to be visiting my family that weekend {more on that later}. My little brother, Bud, shares a birthday with Dan so that Sunday we had a party with chocolate cake and ice cream and orange sherbet {Bud's favorite flavor} for both the birthday boys. Then we came home and work resumed as we'd known it for the past three weeks . . .
Father's Day:
Since we are expecting our first baby any day now, we've been celebrating Mother's/Father's Day this year. As soon as I get it up I'll show you a photo of what Dan got me for Mother's Day. It was a great present, one I've been wanting for a while now! Since I missed getting Dan his birthday present, he got a double gift for Father's Day: the movies RV and Forever Strong and a book about Father's Blessings.
Our Little Visitors:
Every summer we have a tradition to have Bud and Missy to our house to visit. It gives them something to look forward to, something that is a little different from what they would normally do. We decided that we didn't want to skip this summer just because we're expecting a baby so we did it anyway. It was a little harder for me because I just didn't have the energy to do much. They had to entertain themselves quite a bit, but I think they still had a good time. We picked them up Friday night and had them through the following Wednesday night. While they were here we went to the park, the splash park, the nature park {they still just love to feed the ducks}, for walks, Bud went on a hike with Dan, we went to a local frozen yogurt place, to see the movie Shrek Forever After {which I was pleasantly surprised with} and played games. I think they had a fun time {though they did always look forward to when Dan came home from work because then there was someone who wasn't too tired to do things with them!}.
Anniversary:
This year we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary by . . . not doing a single thing! We had Bud and Missy here visiting for the most of the day, then that evening we met my mom to take them back home. Once we got back, our home teachers came and it seems like we did some cleaning work or something of that sort after they left. Nothing very exciting. At least this time I was a little more on-the-ball, and got Dan something before the event - he got a tape measure, a level and a brain teaser puzzle. With all the projects we've been doing, both of those tools have been needed. Dan has a tape measure but it only extends 12 feet so I got him a 25' measure, which he was so excited about he has used it multiple times already. He's also used the level to hang our dry erase board straight. He hasn't used the brain teaser puzzle yet though . . . :D
New Book Club:
I've always wanted to join a book club but have never had the chance. I've only had one ward that hosted a book club since we've been married and at that time I was still in school so I didn't really have time to join a book club. But our new ward {we moved into a new ward when we moved into our house} has a book club and I am so excited! I went to my first book club meeting last week and had such a good time. I love getting together with other people and discussing a book in depth. It was so invigorating to me! We discussed "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, a book I quite enjoyed reading several months ago. It was really fun to bounce ideas of one another and to see others' perspectives. I'm really looking forward to upcoming meetings {and just hope I can keep up with the books}!
Okay, that's probably enough little updates. More to come soon!
2 comments:
Our book club in my last ward usually just ended up being a gossip fest! LOL I don't think we ever discussed a book for more than 5 minutes. It was a fun chance to get together without kids though.
That would be a little annoying. I love talking about books with other people and getting their opinions and views. I always ramble on and on to Dan about the books I'm reading. I'm sure he gets bored with it but I love it! I'm sure, though, that it was nice to have at least some time away, even if the purpose wasn't exactly as announced!
Post a Comment