Monday, July 12, 2010

Prengnacy Update


39 weeks, two days . . .
Two centimeters dilated
Approximately 60%-70% effaced
My ankles look like tennis balls . . .
all. the. time.
I don't have the energy to stay standing for more than a couple minutes
But I can't hardly stay seated for more than a few minutes at a time, either . . .
Braxton Hicks: yes
Enough Braxton Hicks: no :(
Feeling huge: yes

Is it totally wrong to be an advocate of enjoying pregnancy as much as possible . . . and still wishing it will soon be over?

Still got a dozen things that need to be finished.
Clean the house {the last time I cleaned my tub I used a cleaner that has bleach . . . and successfully bleached one of my few maternity shirts . . . but of course, didn't notice until I looked in the mirror because it's not a spot I can just see at this point. bleh.}
Pack my bag {no, it still isn't done}
Organize nursery {neither is that}
Make some freezer meals {we gotta eat}
Put baby's car seat in the car
. . .
the list goes on and on
. . .

Even though there is still much to do-
Ready to be done: yes

A lady in our new ward asked me if was ready to be done yet and when I told her yes she said, "You know, I think the Lord worked it out just perfectly so that every woman is so ready to be done being pregnant that she's even willing to go through child birth just to end it."
I concur.

7 comments:

Cassadee said...

Jessica friend!!!! You are such a cute pregnant lady. (I'm sure you always get that though!) But, I mean it. This little girl is so lucky to have such a great mom and dad. I'm excited to meet her someday. I want to get or make something for you...what more do you need?

Cassadee said...

I just found the CUTEST gift!!! Do you have colors in your nursery? And are you having her in Rexburg?

Brian and Kayla said...

Yay Jessica! We can't wait to see pictures of the little darling. I remember loving the idea of seeing David for the first time. I be you are so excited! When I first saw Davey I thought his little nose looked so funny. The first thing I told him was "Where did you get that nose?". Then I learned that most babies have funny noses due to the birth canal. I don't know why I am even talking about this. Anyway, we are excited and hoping for a birthday to share with Brian on the 18th!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Jessica I hope your little one comes SOON! Trust me it is all worth it once you get to hold her in your arms for the first time. Good luck!

Mal said...

My mum always said the same thing! She said the doctor that delivered me and my older bro and sis told it to her. No kidding.

As for the list of things to do: I didn't pack my bag until I started feeling contractions pretty strong. Four or five hours later, I was in the hospital. You can always send Dan back for something if you need it later. And food, if you aren't LOADED with it by ward members and family and friends, just know that Dan is a perfectly capable person. I have no doubt he's able to make some food for a few days. And chances are, he'll be looking for something to do to help.

Jessica :) said...

Cassa, friend, you are so kind! Thank you! I don't feel like a "cute pregnant lady" but it always makes me feel better to hear it said by someone! I'm excited to meet her officially too! :) The colors in the nursery are yellow, brown and pink, though I also have green and white . . . really, it doesn't matter too much. Yes, I'm having her at Madison Memorial. {BTW - if you look up toward the top of my blog there is a page for a "baby wishlist" up there.}
Brian and Kayla: We are sooo excited! I've been on pins and needles for a week. This morning I was thinking to myself that it must be Wednesday or Thursday by now . . . and no, it's only Tuesday! Time has never gone by so slowly! There is something thrilling about knowing you will finally see that little baby who has taken over your body for nine months! And thanks for reminding me about noses! ;)
Kristen: I just have to say that I love all your comments! It makes my day to see comments from you! I hope she comes soon too. I definitely understand now why you did not want to wait two weeks for an induction if yours went late! I'm ready right now. :P

Jessica :) said...

That's a good point, Mal! I'm sure Dan will be going a little crazy after a few days of just being home {though I know I'm going to love it}, and having something to do will be good for him. We had been trying to make a couple meals ahead of time just because we only barely moved and our new ward hardly even knows we exist. But I'm sure we'll make it just fine!
And thanks for the reminders that everything is worth it in the end. I'm sure I'll be chanting that to myself all through labor! :)