The theme of this shower was "Baby Time" and each person who brought a gift had a different "time". There was story time, bath time, feeding time, dress-up time, play time, safety time, church time, even a poop time! It was a lot of fun! We played the "guess the melted candy bar in the diaper" game. It was really funny to watch a couple of the people who were there because they thought they were supposed to guess ingredients instead of the candy bar - they had a lot of chocolate in their guesses! We played a scrabble type game where everyone had to take each letter of my name and come up with another name that began with that letter and there could be no duplicates. I'm quite proud to say that I came up with seven original names that no one duplicated! Hee hee! :) I don't remember now what they were, though. We also guessed baby food - jars of baby food had the labels removed and we had to guess which food was in the jar. My mom was the only one who got all them correct. I think that's because she tasted them all. I couldn't do that. One whiff of the peas and I could barely smell the others to make my guesses! I missed the pears {the stuff honestly smelled like applesauce to me} and the sweet potatoes {I guessed squash}. For never having had anything to do with baby food, I don't think I did too bad!
We also got some pretty incredible gifts! Everyone was so generous in what they got for us! We got a lot of clothes, diapers, bath items, etc., as well as toys, stuffed animals, decorating things, blankets and a blessing dress that my grandma made. It would take too much time and a lot of space to individually list everything we got but everything was wonderful and makes me even more excited for our little one!
The blessing dress made by Grandma, which I absolutely love! {ignore the dumb look on my face . . . my little sis, Roo, was taking the photos and she didn't wait until I smiled before she took the photo}:

This afghan my mom is making for the baby - she said her granddaughter needs a blanket made my grandma {have I told you how excited she is to be a grandma? She talks about it non-stop!}:

This little dress my mom is making {it wasn't quite finished in time for the shower, but come on, let's give her a break - she has five kids at home and works full time, in addition to having the largest gardens I've ever seen in my life . . . and yes, that is plural}:

This blanket was made by my great-great-grandmother for my mom when she was born. Now our baby will get to use it:

This quilt was made by my grandma:

This is the diaper cake my cousin made for the event {it turned out so cute and I loved it!! She put so much time into it, I couldn't believe it! And isn't that little giraffe rattle the cutest?! Baby's room is going to be decorated with giraffes; I just love them! And check out the shoes on the top! Sooo cute!!!}:


Here are just a few more pics of the event {that clock in the last photo is what inspired the "Baby Time" theme - I love it!}:

Thanks, Tara and Tierra, for the great shower! I loved it and had so much fun!
3 comments:
Don't you just LOVE showers?? They are the greatest thing ever! What a cute theme and it looks like you got a ton of great things! So fun!
So many cute things! That afghan your mom is making is adorable! I love the little pop-corn stitches! What a lucky baby girl you're going to have.
Kristen: Yes, I think showers are great! I didn't ever like them quite as much when they weren't my own . . . but I've loved every shower I've had! :)
Mal: Thank you! I will be sure to tell my mom that. It will mean a lot to her. It is a beautiful afghan and I'm excited for it. You're right - this baby is a lucky girl!
Post a Comment