This post is about a reunion that we had with my mom’s side of the family two weeks after our little “reunion” to Yellowstone. We had the extended family reunion {my mom’s parents and all her sisters – there are no boys – and then all their kids and grandkids, etc} in Grace at my grandparents’ house. They were getting ready to move {they’ve since made their move and are now comfortable in their new place} and wanted one last “hurrah” in their house where we all basically grew up and have tons of memories. We had a WONDERFUL time at this reunion! Almost everyone was able to make it for at least a little bit of time and it was so great seeing everyone! We got there Friday night and left Monday afternoon, after helping grandma and grandpa move some of their things into their new house. While there, we ate wonderful food, played games, visited, stayed up too late every night, shopped at grandma’s “store” {basically like a garage sale where everything was free! And yes, I got some good stuff}, did a “family cross-word” puzzle and made strips of fabric with our names so grandma can make a big fabric mural type thing of the cross-word, and had a bonfire where we sat around and reminisced about the house and the fond times we have all had their together. I’m ashamed to say that I only got two pictures of the whole reunion {this one above and another that looks almost exactly like it . . . and actually, since I'm in the pic, you could probably guess that I didn't even take them!}!! I still can’t believe that I never pulled that blasted camera out {
Tierra that means you’ve got to post pics on your blog so I can see some recording from that event!}, especially since I love taking pictures so much!

The story behind this picture is that we are the six girl cousins that would go to grandma and grandpa's house for "girls' week" every single year. We learned about history, went to great places {like Chesterfield, Bear Lake, Minatonka Caves, the volcanos around Grace}, did fun crafts and learned how to sew, had lots of giggle fests, a few fights and most of all, gained fast friendships. I love these girls!
{Note: there are 4 other "girl cousins" in this family but they were always a lot younger than us so they usually got their own "girls' week".} We had to get this picture taken because it had been a long time since all six of us were together!This is the final installment of the "fun times with the family" series!
Thanks for reading!
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment