- Organize crafts
- Organize spare room closet {again}
- Read 5 new books
- Create a places/things list {please tell me your favorite vacation spot, a fun place to visit or one of your favorite summer activities – Dan and I have resolved to actually do stuff this summer since I’m not in school we have all kinds of time to do those fun things!}
- Organize kitchen counter clutter {anyone have any suggestions or methods to help cut down on kitchen counter/table clutter? I’ve been working on some things but more suggestions would be appreciated!}
- Organize Tupperware cupboard
- Go visit my family
- Food blog at least once a week {please come follow me. please. Or if you have a recipe that you are just dying to share with me, I’d accept that too!}
- “Other” blog at least once a week {oh come follow me here too . . . please}
- Start learning about photography {anyone have any books they would recommend to learn about photography? I honestly don’t know the first thing about it really – I just see others’ pics and try to be creative}
- Look into pricing for a camera {I’ve heard lots of good things about Nikon – what do you think?}
- Learn to bake bread, pitas and French bread {recipes for all the above would be extremely helpful . . . especially the French bread}
- File documents
- Do Pilates at least 3 times a week {anyone wanna come join me? :) . . . I really like Pilates but I’m terrible about being motivated to exercise – I’m better when I have someone to do it with . . . and Dan seems to prefer running . . . go figure!}
- Get up each weekday at 7am – Pathetic, I know, but I have to keep this as a goal or I’ll get lazy. Again. Or is it still? :p {this is a recording}
You didn’t believe me, did you? You thought I would only have a thing or two I needed help with, huh? Ha ha! I sure tricked you! Really, truthfully, honestly – I do want your help.
So start typin!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
please.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
please.
11 comments:
Hey - what great resolutions....I made one the other day - to yell at my kids so only they can hear it (and not all the neighbors...) I don't think I am doing very good. ;)
Thanks for the encouragement....Bryce is saying that I will be working at Broulim's - I guess he's pulling some strings?
I love the idea of doing resolutions each month! I should try it :)
the oregon coast is just wonderful. often it's cold, but it's my favorite beach. we often take people to the ice caves, though you'll need 4 wheel drive to get there. we want to go to mesa falls some time...montana is very pretty (western montana). that's all that i can think of right now.
i found a recipe for pitas... but i can't remember where its from. i'll look for it and get back to you.
You are really inspiring to start a blog it looks like so much fun!!!
4.So my favorite vacation spot is Paris...but it's a little far. I always enjoy going on picnics at the park and taking a book to read or cards to play.
5. I don't put anything on my counters that doesn't have to be there. Everything else goes in a cabinet. I like to have a place somewhere else like by your computer to put my mail and papers. I try to go through it all once a week...file, shred, pay, mail, etc.
14. Yes I want to join you!!! We could be having so much fun now they don't have to be to 7am classes!!!!!
I have some recipes I would love to share, but I will post those later. I made foccacia bread one day. It was so yummy and easy.
I love to organize, but I have to see the space....it's kind of this little habit/hobby/gift I have. I am really good at organizing other people's things....But - if its the spare closet I am thinking of: a spring rod and a shower curtain or drapes - will make a nice cover. I would love to come up anytime and help you! It would be fun girl time...
Nikki: I never hear you yelling at your kids! And I really am being honest. :) Good luck working at Broulim's. I worked there for 2 and 1/2 years and it was a good job at the time but I was glad to be done. And ya know, I think I would really enjoy your help with organizing. Actually, I would love to get some kind of curtain-something-or-other for all my closets (especially the spare room) because we have no closet doors. Do you have that problem too?
Cole: I'm so glad you commented! Now I have your blog! :) I've been wanting to go to the Oregon coast for the longest time. I've never even seen a beach. Ever. We almost went last summer but only had a couple days so we didn't get to. Mesa Falls is beautiful - we go there every year. Thanks for your ideas!
Dawn: I would LOVE to see your recipe! I have one recipe but I need a bread maker, which I don't have.
Cassa: Friend! You came and commented! Oh, I'm so happy! I should know that you would tell me to go to some exotic and foreign place like Paris. :P We will certainly be going on picnics, though!
I think I need to work on the whole "don't put anything on your counters." It's a horrible habit and then I hate cleaning it off. I should probably just be better. Period.
OK! Come join me! I can't wait to see you! ;) It's so fun - I really like Pilates!! :)
Of course I responded silly friend!Here are some books that I have read that I love: all of Mitch Albom's books, if you like a drama read John Grisham, on a spiritual note I am reading a fascinating book by S. Michael Wilcox called Daughters of God: Spiritual Portraits. One I read after I had Taylor but I think she be read before you have kids or when you are pregnant is the Baby Whisperer.
I made a great dessert today! They are also great for breakfast. It's Easy Crescent Danish Rolls. The only thing I would change next time is only use 1/2 package of cream cheese and 1/8 cup of sugar with the 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. It was just to rich with so much filling. If you have questions give me a call because I had to read the recipe several times to understand. http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=13725
Ok first I would not take on sooo much. You just set your self up to be let down. What is most important to you? Make a list and work from that (a rolling TO DO list) Set goals for each day but make sure you make time for yourself. Oh and a question for you what kind of crafts are you working with?
MSheriff
Xanga
LittlePeopleWealth: I'm sorry I didn't respond to you last time! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting! And I love doing monthly resolutions. It really works for me.
Cassa: I'm so excited to try that recipe you sent me! And to look into your book suggestions!
Michele: Thank you for your advise. I do appreciate it. My monthly resolutions actually work quite well for me. I make the list and then break it down to "daily" things. Since I don't have any children and I work fewer than 20 hours per week, this helps me to stay busy and use my time more efficiently than I otherwise would. And my crafts are really just a bunch of odds and ends things that I have scattered throughout my house. I'm just trying to organize them all into the same place in my home so I can find them easier when I want to craft.
vacations- camping in the smokie mountains and living history farms -do a google search for those near you-
recipe-saute in olive oil red and green peppers and yellow squash , after you slice lengthwise, and add to warm tortilla. add cheese and sour cream and you have a healthy tasty no meat tricolored tortilla.
book- the excellent wife by martha peace.
Post a Comment