Now I finally have music by Debussy, Faure, Bizet, Saint-Saens, Satie, Gershwin, Miller, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Vivaldi, and several jazz artists, that isn't for school!The other purchase was at Deseret Book last Saturday. Dan and I went in to return a book and see what I wanted to get in exchange for the book (because I'm pretty much incapable of going into that store without making a purchase!). After looking through the bargain books section and finding a couple of other books I wanted, we went up to the counter. It took about 8 minutes just to get everything figured out but by the time we left we had two CD's and 7 books for $6.22! Because I was so pleased with how that worked out, I just have to share what we bought.
Here goes:The King's Highway $2.99 (regularly $17.95)
The Ultimate Career $5.99 (regularly $18.95)
Tip-a-day Guide for Healthy Eating $1.99 (regularly $14.95 - I've wanted this one for a while but wasn't willing to pay that much for it)
Pillage $8.95 (regularly 17.95 - I wanted this for a while too but was told I couldn't purchase it when it came out because Christmas was coming up - and then I didn't even get it!)
My Fabulous Life $4.99 (regularly $12.95)
Saying it Like it Is $2.72 (regularly $17.95 - Sheri Dew is one of my favorite authors!)
CD - The Miracle $1.99 (regularly $4.99)
CD - Saints & Pioneers -free gift
A Platinum Rewards Membership upgrade $25.00
And a Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual (not pictured :D) $5.75
Anyway - the total was about $60.37 and thanks to a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more, 10% off total for upgrading to Platinum rewards, the credit for returning the book we were taking back, and a lot of accumulated rewards points, we only paid $6.22. I'll take that any day!
PS - Deseret Book is still having a fantastic Winter Clearance sale right now. You can find a bunch of items for 50% off or more. For example two books in the Leven Thumps series are on $1.99 each -for hardback! What a deal! You can visit their website or your nearest store to see. I love buying gifts on sales like these!
1 comment:
Awesome job! I'm so proud - and now you have a great new selection of media. Oh, the joys of cheap shopping to fill up the library.
Post a Comment