This is a before photo of my binder for my calling. It is kind of difficult to even see anything, but I had a lot of papers that didn't have a place and I was constantly searching for them. I also had several mismatched tabs and no names in any of the tabs so it always took forever to find anything.

Here is the after photo of my newly organized binder (I love it this way!):

Here is a before pic of my linen closet (yuck! I still can't believe it took me this long to decide to do something about this closet!):

Biggest problem shelf #1 (before):

Biggest problem shelf #2 (before):

After pic of "organization project linen closet":

New and improved "not-problems-anymore" shelves:


How did I made this work, you may ask? Partly, it was just putting things a place that was their own and making sure it was labeled so I didn't forget. But it's also called "parting with the stuff." It's really a very therapeutic technique and I highly recommend it. Not only will your nooks and crannies have lots of freed up space and things will look great, you will feel good knowing you got rid of bunches of stuff that you haven't used/didn't know you had/expired/hardened/just plain silly to have around. Try it - I promise it works! ;)
2 comments:
Good job, Jess! I need to get my room organized and let some stuff go I've had for waaaay too long...you inspire me to do just that. ;) Keep on keepin' on with these monthly goals - they rock!
Amy, I love that you comment on my posts! It makes me happy to know that someone reads and takes the time to say something about it! And, your comment for this post is equally enjoyable and encouraging! I'm so glad that my ultra organization projects and monthly goals are actually "rockin'" for someone (besides myself, of course)!
Post a Comment