Sunday, September 23, 2012

Busyness

We've been crazy busy the last few weeks trying to get ready for the arrival of this little baby. Of course, I realized last week that many of the things we'd been doing didn't have anything to do with actually getting baby things ready . . . pathetic, I know. So this week we tried to fix that by actually getting ready for the baby, plus doing a whole ton of other things. Anyway, it seems like I've been running and going and moving and I haven't really slowed down much the last few weeks. And not to brag, but I decided to document all that I/we got done this week just because I was glad for all we got accomplished - and I want to always remember what a woman's nesting instinct can make happen! :)

So, this past week, either myself or Dan accomplished all of the following:
  • had a successful play date {which, if you know my daughter, is a big deal! She isn't always very nice to other kids so it was very exciting that she actually played with a new friend, nicely, and loved every minute of it!}
  • baked cinnamon rolls
  • baked sugar cookies
  • made a new cake batter fudge recipe
  • made 5 different main dishes, plus some muffins, to put in the freezer, which essentially equates to at least 9 meals to feed my family when this little guy is born and I don't feel like cooking
  • edited pictures from a photo shoot I did last week
  • took pictures for a sister-in-law for another photo shoot
  • shopped for birthday presents for three people
  • mailed my missionary brother a care package
  • washed 7 loads of laundry
  • rearranged the master bedroom to fit baby stuff in it
  • set up the bassinet
  • organized the kids' room {mostly - we're still working on getting Livie to leave certain things alone}
  • bought diapers - twice
  • went visiting teaching
  • bought new clothes for Livie {she was in desperate need - she's been wearing shorts all summer and now that it's getting colder we pulled out all her long pants and discovered almost all of them were too short!}
  • went home teaching
  • put away the baby's clothes
  • cleaned out, vacuumed and cleaned the car
  • put the baby's car seat in the car
  • purchased a new wall heater for our downstairs unit
  • installed said heater
  • cut Dan's hair
  • organized baby boy clothes that will be too big for a little while
  • planted two flowers and transplanted some strawberries that had decided to grow in a place we didn't want
  • fixed a bicycle tire
  • installed a bike light on said bicycle
  • began packing a hospital bag {yes, I said began - yes, I am aware that I am due in less than two weeks . . . I'm working on it}
  • finished Christmas shopping for three of the eleven people on my list
  • did most of the Christmas shopping for another five of those people on my list - the things that aren't finished with each of those five can be done online {which means I only have three more people I really have to shop for . . . if only we knew what to do for those people it would be an easier task}
  • worked on some of the homemade Christmas gifts we are doing
  • pre-registered at the hospital
  • went on a date
  • made Greek Butter cookies {they went with our date - it was Greek themed}
  • babysat for some friends so they could go on a date
  • had a doctor appointment
  • tried to fix my picture texting problem {we discovered that it's a hardware problem - I need a new phone. I guess after more than two years phones stop working as well as they should - probably do that on purpose}
  • attended a party a friend had invited me to {and bought some seriously adorable Jamberry nail shields and have been drooling over a ton of Pampered Chef stuff since - seriously, check out my friends' websites to see some really awesome stuff!}
  • went for a family drive in the mountains
  • successfully managed to keep the house in some semblance of order through all of this
Now I'm working on catching up some on the blog {I finally was able to get my photos off of my iPhone which will make doing all these updates so much easier!}.  Whew! What a week!

The only thing I had hoped to add to that list that I can't is have a baby. :)

Look forward to some more updates to come. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Jessica! I got tired just reading half of that! Good for you for getting all that done!

Sally said...

You are amazing! I don't have half of the energy that you do and I am not having a baby in 2 weeks! Wanna come do all that for me know? ;)