Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little Sister's Baby Shower

Waaaaayyyyy back in September, I threw a baby shower for my little sister, Amber. You know I'm really far behind when a) I'm posting about something that happened almost three months ago and b) the sister for whom I through the baby shower is about to have that baby any day now. But right now, my blog mantra is Better Late than Never. Maybe someday that'll change someday but that day isn't today.

I should explain a little about this baby shower. It was a combined/not combined shower with my sister and one of my cousins, Tiffany, who was also expecting at the time. {Have I ever mentioned how close I am to my cousins? My grandma was a genius and came up with this great thing she called girls week that got all us girl cousins together once a year for 3-5 days doing projects, going on trips, learning new things, and playing/talking a lot together. Because of that, all the girl cousins in my extended family have a really close relationship. It's really a neat thing.} Another cousin, Brook, and I threw the showers together. The showers were separate, but Brook and I worked together and helped each other with both of them and they were both on the same day. It was a little bit of a busy day. Between the two showers, we played a busy mommy game {where two people in a contest to see who could be fastest had to hold a phone to their ear and "talk" on it while holding a baby [doll] and hang towels on the line}, a baby animal guessing game {what is the baby called of various kinds of animals}, a candy bar related to pregnancy, labor, delivery, and newborns game, and an animal gestation period game. Yeah, they might seem kind of silly but isn't that how shower games usually go?

The girl second from the right is my cousin Tiffany. She has already had her baby. {Again, another example of how far behind I am}


My cute pregnant sister.











Yep, we even got our grandpa involved. He had the best "phone conversation", by far.




We also ate lots of food. Between the two showers we had lunch and then dessert was served at Amber's shower. The dessert was my responsibility {and of course, I didn't mind that at all} and the lineup was Caramel & Heath Bar cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, fudge crinkle cookies, pumpkin cookies, peanut butter cookies and white chocolate & cranberry cookies {I'll be getting those recipes up on the cooking blog in the next week or so}. I also made Amber a diaper cake {holy moly those things are a lot of work} and she got some nice gifts. I think the Whinnie the Pooh blanket won high points {wish I had been the one to think of it ;)!}






No comments: