I mentioned
waaay back when that we were going to be pretty busy during the month of June. We had something going on just about every weekend. One of the things we had going on was a family reunion. This was an extended family reunion, with my mother's family. My grandparents, aunts, uncles {those that show up for the little while they are there . . . actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure I did see any of my uncles . . . . so never mind about that}, cousins - these people are my friends. Yes, they are my family but they are also my friends. We have such strong bonds, all of us, and it is such a wonderful experience to see them and be with them when we get the chance.
 |
Regardless of what it may appear like in this photo, everyone really was happy to be there.
|
I was the self-designated photo historian for this reunion. It was quite nice to be justified taking photos of everyone {especially since I was one of the only ones taking any photos} and to get out of anything I didn't want to do {such as ultimate Frisbee or swimming . . . . yes, I'm a couch potato - or perhaps a side-line potato would be a better way of putting it}. I have over 400 photos of the weekend's events, so this smattering I'm sharing with you all is a mere drop in the bucket.


 |
| This is, believe it or not, one of the only photos of me from the entire reunion. A perk {or not} of being the only one taking photos. |

While we were there, we played various games, including a handful of "Minute-to-Win-It" games, which no one kept track of so no one knew who the actual winners were by the end. :) We had such a good time playing psychiatrist, also. We played over and over and laughed and laughed. Everyone decided that I have chosen the wrong
vocation when I pulled off a convincing reenactment of an Emperor Kuzco line from
Emperor's New Groove. Yes, I'm that awesome. In addition to so many games I can't remember them all, we went to a private section of a local lake and some of us enjoyed watching others get soaking wet when they went swimming.



Over the course of the weekend, we were also able to see {and Dan participate in} my youngest brother being
ordained a Deacon. It was a sweet and wonderful experience to be a part of. We also got some photos of my grandparents as they are leaving to serve a
mission in Spain in about three weeks.
 |
| I know. It's not a great photo. In my defense, I didn't choose this location nor did I do any posing. Therefore, the bad lighting, DK's dark eye's, and grandpa's face being washed out are all things I do not take credit for. However, I will take credit for the fact that every male in this photo is smiling. What can I say? I'm pretty darn funny. :D |
1 comment:
Jessica, Even though there was only one photo of you and I can't see your face in it, you look dang good! My goodness your siblings have grown. I think about them every time I drive by the exit on my way back to Utah. Miss you a ton!
Post a Comment