Monday, January 5, 2015

Snapshot Saturday—Holiday Edition

I like to take pictures. In fact, even though I take a lot, I really feel like I don't take enough pictures. But I frequently have a plethora of photos that don't really make up a whole post on their own so I'm gonna keep doing Snapshot posts of a conglomeration of photos from our lives. And this one is specifically to try to catch up with pictures taken over the holidays. Enjoy! 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

We got a big snowstorm in early November that totally slammed us with sub-zero temperatures and several inches of snow. After it "warmed up" Dan was finally able to take the kids outside to play in the snow. They didn last long because it was still really cold but they had a blast for the time they did spend out there. (No I didn't go out. It was still too cold for me. :) )



This is when they came back inside. They were so cold! Dallin kept saying "cold! cold!"  But Livie couldn't stop smiling. She loves to be outside! 


Man, these two love each other! (And yes, this was a loving wrestling match.)

We made a gratitude tree for Thanksgiving. I'll have to do a separate post about this because I loved what the kids came up with for things they were thankful for. 


We have this little Santa suit that the kids went crazy over this year! We just left it in a spot where the kids could get to it and I cracked up every time one of the kids would come in with the suit on. They are so adorable! 






The kids also liked these reindeer antlers. They were much loved this Christmas! 

My kiddos are obsessed with babies! They get so excited whenever they see a baby so it's a super bonus that they currently have a cousin in the baby stage. Dallin especially just can't get enough! 

We set up our Christmas tree while watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. 


Livie was a mouse & a princess for the Nutcracker this year (through her ballet class). I'll have to do a separate post on this, too, because it's just so darn cute to see a passel of four year olds dancing on stage in their little costumes! 


I just loved when Dallin would put the Santa suit on over his clothes because it really did make him look chunky! Such a cutie pie! I couldn't get enough! 

My sweet visiting teacher made me this Cutie Wreath for Christmas. I loved it!

Livie's teachers are the luckiest folks in town! Homemade goodies and Tupperware for Christmas gifts. Liv was so excited to give them her little gifts. It makes her so happy!

We went to a couple of local light shows that were so fun! I love lights! I think they are just the best and one of my favorite Christmas traditions is to see the lights. It took the kids a bit to get into it but they got there. Every time we passed lights I would excitedly call out which window to look out of. By the end of the season they stopped looking when I would call. But I'm determined to convert them to the beauty and magic and awe of Christmas lights. :) 

Neighbor gifts! Bet you wish you were my neighbor, huh? :) (yes, we had a lot) 

Livie and her Christmas dress. (Dallin didn't get a Christmas outfit....I decided 5 was enough.) 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

No comments: