Monday, November 1, 2010

Three Months

Our sweet little Liv is now three months old! I seriously cannot believe how time just flies. In my mind, it's still in August. I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that it's November 1st. *sigh* Oh well. I think I will just have to be used to the fact that the days are always shorter than I think.  

She spit up just before I took this photo . . . hence the very wet shirt!
She is just a growin! She is now 13.2 lbs and approximately 25 inches long. 

She loves getting attention. If we are visiting family or something it's so hard to come back home because she thinks she needs to be held all the time! But she sure loves it - and so do I! - so as much as I can, I hold her. 

With one of her uncles
My siblings just love her like crazy!

She started doing this a lot lately. It's a habit I am desperately trying not to let her start. I just know too many people who had a really difficult time breaking the habit. At first, we couldn't figure out why she was sucking her fist/fingers/thumb. Then, on 10/27, while she was hollering at me over something {it probably had to do with putting her down}, I discovered this little bitty white spot on her gum. At first I thought it was spit since she's always spitting up. But then I saw it there again a little later so I felt it {my hands were clean, I promise!} and it was hard. After showing Dan and some family, we have all reached the same consensus: She has her first tooth!! Dan and I both thought, 'no wonder she's been so cranky!' I personally think she should have waited a few months. But she's independent and does things when she wants. :D So, our three month old baby has her first tooth!



She has started smiling a ton! We just love it! She's also so close to laughing. She has this little squeal she makes when she's super excited or happy. I'm always trying to get her to make it because it is just so cute!


She holds her head up pretty well now. She's not 100% there yet, and when she's tired the poor thing is like a bobble head, but she still tries! She will not lay her head down, even if she's super tired. She also tries to stand all the time. If the bottoms of her feet touch something, she pushes against it and when she does stand, she holds herself up without any help {other than balancing} from us. I'm not sure who told her she could grow up so fast but she must've got it somewhere! ;)



We also think she's gonna take off and crawl waaay too early. It makes me anxious to start childproofing! When we put her on her stomach, she lifts up on her hands as high as she can or pulls her knees under her. That's probably pretty normal, but at the rate she's been going with everything else, who knows when she'll start crawling!
Look at me, mom!

 She is never still. She likes to look around and hates laying down. If she is on the floor on a blanket for some reason or another, she wiggles and kicks and within five minutes of putting her down, she is in a completely different place than where we originally put her.

She is our little joy and we are so happy to have her in our family. We love you, Liv!

4 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

She's adorable Jessica. I love her hair bows. Claire didn't get a tooth til 12 months, I thought they would never come! She still only has two. It might be nice to get teething done early:)

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Jessica she is so pretty! I cannot believe she already has a tooth!?! Reese just got her first tooth last month.
I cannot believe she is already three months. Doesn't time just fly once you have kids!?
Well anyways she sure is cute.

Brian and Kayla said...

She is so cute and seems like good mix between the two of you. I hope to hold her someday! She just looks like such a little Harwood!

Sarah said...

She sure is darling, Jessica. They grow so fast, don't they?