It's been a day. That's all I can say. I do have some things I need to still catch up on this blog but I'm not feeling rushed to do that. So I won't. I felt like completing another randomness post. Please enjoy!
1) I really, really want it to snow. Perhaps that statement would give others cause to want to throw snowballs at me . . . wet, slushy, icey snowballs, which is all you could make out of the stuff we have out there right now! Seriously. It's December. In Idaho. It is not supposed to rain or get warm enough for the snow to melt. Especially right before Christmas. End of story.
2) Dan and I discovered (through one of his co-workers) this TV show called "World's Strictest Parents". We actually like it a lot. We watch it online through CMT (we've unplugged our cable and we kind of like it, though occasionally watching a show is something we still like to do). Moral of the story: give your kids chores & rules their whole lives. You'll be glad when they're teens {at least that's what we've noticed as a common thread through each episode we've seen}. Also, why would you give everything in the world to your kid - car, gas money, clothes, money, phones, gadgets ... on and on - and then wonder why they don't care about anything and wonder why they actually expect you to give them everything they want? Sheesh. Oh, and if you really want a treat, check out the Call Family Episode. Here's a clue: the host family is a big family (12 kids) from Moab, Utah. We loved it.
3) . . . 'nuf said . . .
4) I'm reading "The Nativity" by Alonzo L. Gaskill. First of all, I love that the author's name is Alonzo. I don't know why. But I do. Secondly, it's been a very eye-opening book. There are so many things I'm learning about the nativity story that I never even thought of or knew before. If you want a new perspective and deeper understanding about the nativity, read this book.
5) Dan gets to spend the rest of December with me and I'm so excited {minus a few hours he'll have to work, but he thinks he can get everything done from home, which means I'm not alone}! After he worked crazy hours all October & November {and maybe part of Sept?? I can't remember for sure} it will be so nice to have him around. He's the awesomest hubsand ever!
6) I'm in the mood for pizza. And egg nog. Speaking of which, why would you drink egg nog plain? I didn't even know that's how most people drink it until I moved away from home. We always mixed ours with Sprite. Anyone out there drink it plain???
7) We recently read "The Parable of the Fly" {click on the title to read it yourself} and it was very thought provoking. Certainly makes you think about entertainment a little.
8) I still haven't finished shopping for my hubby for Christmas. You'd think after I'd been getting stuff for him for about 4 years that I'd figure out what to get him . . . but no. It's still something I struggle with every time I get him something. And he's always the last person I finish shopping for.
9) I'm gonna go eat. Yumm . . . pizza!
3 comments:
i love that show!! i introduced the worlds strictest parent show to my mom and lydia and now they love it lol! that moab utah family was crazy... 12 kids! wow.
pizza and egg nog together dont sound so good lol. well i dont like egg nog. but yes simon drinks it plain.
i hope you two have a fantastic christmas!!
love you!
First of all, Brian is very hard to shop for as well. If there is a cool gift for a musician out there that I don't know about, e-mail me. Secondly, I have never drank egg nog with Sprite. I've always drank it plain...maybe with a little milk to thin it out a bit. We loved the little package from your family. We put the little animals in David's bed. I'm assuming you made them and they are very splendid...it made me want to give it a try. We love you.
Tierra: It is kind of a fun show, isn't it? Dan & I watch and then talk about how we want to raise our kids. We've had a lot of good discussions about it. I'm not surprised that you don't like eggnog. :) Hope you had a fun holiday in Texas! Love ya back!
Kayla: I bet Brian is hard to shop for! Sheesh, these guys. Whatever will we do with them? If I ever think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know! ;) You should try eggnog with sprite. It's quite yummy! I'm glad you got the package. Yes, I did make those. I'd been wanting to try for a while but didn't do it just because I had nothing to do with them so I'm glad your baby gave me an excuse to try! We love you!
Post a Comment