Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Cousin's wedding

On November 14, Dan and I attended another wedding for a cousin. Even though I'm not many years the senior to these cousins getting married, it's making me feel a little old to see them marrying off. I was always the "matronly" one of all of us . . . and even if I don't particularly like the sound of that, it is true. I believe I've mentioned a couple of times how we would all get-together for a week during the summer at my grandma's house and grow closer together as cousins. I can't think of a single time when we would play together that I was something other than the "teacher", "mother", or basically just one in charge. I guess in a way that makes me feel protective of those girls. I don't always stay in touch with them as I should and I have no idea what's going in most of their lives, but I love them to pieces and want nothing more than for them to have many, many happy years, and if they must have heartaches, I hope they are short. So another of these cousins has gotten married - that just leaves two of the original 6 of us unmarried and I can't believe how the time has changed us all.
Anyway, I'll move on to some of the pics I took at the wedding. Well, first just let me say that I hate taking pics at wedding receptions. The lighting at wedding receptions {heaven forbid we turn the lights up} combined with my lovely camera equal disaster. Occasionally I'll get a good shot, but I sure have a lot of other ones I'm not proud of - and I do mean a lot! Anyway, this is for the sake of recording the event so please just ignore the poor quality of many of the pics. Thank you. :)

Wedding cake {a bit more traditional, but the fountain still made it her own ... never seen anyone with a fountain on their cake before - so fun!}:


Centerpieces {I love these marbles. I don't know why, but they are some of my favorite things}:


The cupcakes served {there were also veggies but I didn't take a picture of those!}:


This is Brook's truseau ... I didn't have one at my wedding and after staying to help clean everything up, I know why {but it was fun to see all her things, and if you look in the close-up pic, you can see a nice shot of Brook herself ... I wasn't able to get a decent one all night ... }:


This is my mom {she's the one in pink}, her sisters and one with her parents. I guess they wanted some pictures since they were all together. But they kept being goofy. Carm kept talking, so in most of the pics, she's making a funny face. And, of course, I had a really had time getting anything of fair quality ... my camera wouldn't focus! Ugh. I was so frustrated!




"Cutting" the cake . . . can you say, "Cheese" ? :D


I have to say that I loved that this blue color scheme was all over the place ... it's such a Brook color and I really loved it...


Congrats, Brook and Cameron! May you have many wonderful, happy years together!

No comments: