Just for fun, I thought I'd show you what I put in it. I actually put lots and lots of stuff inside, but the thing I like about this gift is it could easily be pared down to be something really simple if you wanted. Heck, you could even just have a sunshine jar or something! Anything goes with this.
I took an old shoe box and spray painted it yellow. Then I covered it over with some scrapbook paper, embellishments and baker's twine. And then comes the fun part! Filling it up with all kinds of yellow things.
Here in my town there is a specialty candy store. You can get things in bulk and buy all kinds of novelty candies. I went there to pick out a bunch of yellow candies to put in the box. Some of the candies I put in tiny jars I had laying around and other things I just piled in there.
| In this photo you can see the yellow photo frame but I had not put the quote inside it yet. |
A couple of other things I had for her was the book Seventeen Second Miracle by Jason F. Wright {it was a nice yellow-ish color} and several quotes that all meant sunshine to me in way or another, printed on yellow paper, cut into strips and curled to look pretty.
Then under the lid of the box, I pasted a paper that had a couple of things about Sunshine printed on it. I'll just share that stuff here since I didn't take a picture of that.
Sunshine is
Inspiration
Love and Laughter
Peace
Getting Up
Happiness
Feeling the Spirit
Flowers
A Spring Day
Yellow
Going for Walks
Contentment
Family
Sitting Still
Hope
Reading a Book
Service
Doing Hard Things
Thoughtfulness
Inspiration
Love and Laughter
Peace
Getting Up
Happiness
Feeling the Spirit
Flowers
A Spring Day
Yellow
Going for Walks
Contentment
Family
Sitting Still
Hope
Reading a Book
Service
Doing Hard Things
Thoughtfulness
* * *
Sometimes we wish the
sun always shone;
clouds never turned grey;
rains never came.
But it is only in
feeling the rain on our skin
that we will notice
when the sun’s rays shine instead.
It is only through
feeling the cold of grey skies
that we notice the sun’s warmth.
It is only through weathering the storm
that we learn to understand
the calm.
It is only the absence of sunlight
That makes us love it.
~Jessica Harwood
It took a little bit of doing, but I was pleased with how the whole thing turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment