Here is our darling baby at 8 weeks, 6 days. Adorable, yes? :)
This lovely photo was taken on leap day. What a way to celebrate!

The nitty gritty:
We found out we were pregnant on February 4th. I pretty much knew by then that I had to be, but taking the test that says "yes!" just makes it so much more solid in my head. Shortly after discovering our positive pregnancy, I began getting sick. I have memories of how bad the first trimester was with Livie so I really braced myself for something equally terrible. I got a little lucky {if I can really call it that} however when I didn't get as sick as I did with Liv. I was still nauseous and had a hate-hate relationship with food for several weeks, but it still didn't seem as bad as it was with Liv. For one thing, I held things down a lot better this time. For another thing, I only lost a couple pounds and have maintained. Much better than the 10lb loss in the 1st tri with Liv. Also, I think that having Livie around to help distract me from feeling miserable helped a lot. Somehow, feeling awful is easier to handle when you have something to take your mind off it. Anyway, the thing that really zapped me was my loss of energy and complete exhaustion. I pretty much took a nap every single day when Livie did. And I'm quite sure the Lord blessed that darling girl with lots of tiredness during those weeks, because even after she would wake up in her room, she would still come out and sleep with me for another hour or more. But now she doesn't do that. It was a blessing, I'm tellin' ya.
Anyway, I am now doing better. I can finally think about/cook/eat food without hating every moment of it and I'm remembering how delicious it is! It's also nice to be done with Otter Pops. I feel like I lived on those for too long. For anyone interested in knowing, I've been craving chocolate licorice {yes, chocolate} and cold things {ice cream, Popsicles, smoothies}. We also switched doctors. There is a long, involved reason behind that decision, but we are happy where we are now and sincerely hoping and praying for a better experience next time around. {I'm pretty sure I never blogged about Livie's birth experience . . . I really should have . . . maybe two years late isn't too bad?} We are now a day away from 16 weeks and we just can't believe it's gone by this fast already! The due date is October 4th, but we're expecting a later baby than that {when I tell myself the baby will come later, I get far less disappointed when he/she actually does}. Anyway, that's that! The biggest news from our family - and the primary reason I all but disappeared for a couple months.
And just because I know some of my friends will ask, here is me at 15 weeks. :)
| Don't you love the petals growing out of my head? :D |
5 comments:
So exciting! Congratulations!! I am glad you are feeling better this time around!
You're due on my BIRTHDAY!! you have my permission to name your child Dawn or Don (good thing my name is unisex) ;) Congratulations!! Were you going to Madison Womens? I have an awesome story about them and what has been happening the last couple of week (not pregnant!) i'll have to blog about it for posterity.
You look so cute!! So excited for you! AH!!! :)
Glad you are feeling better! Is that why you didn't come to the Indian Food Potluck? ;)
YAY JEssica!!!! That is awesome news and I am so excited for you! Glad you are feeling better now. Hope everything goes better this time with your doctors.
Post a Comment